We reached home after approximately half n hour. Kritika was busy unpacking the bags and setting all her clothes in the closet while i was doing the same with my clothes which are still lying in suitcase and duffel bag.

I was collecting all the wrapped boxes which have my stuff when i heard a large THUD from our bedroom. I rushed immediately to see Kritika groaning on the floor.

"Are you okay?" I asked as soon as i saw her. I ran towards her side and made her to sit. She was burning.

"You have fever?" I asked her though i know the answer.

"I..I..." She struggled.

"You are burning.... Just lay down" i said... She was not even completely conscious.... she was alright the last time checked. I took her to the bed and tuck her inside the covers. I told her not to move and stay in bed while i go and get her some medicines. She mumbled something incoherent which i couldn't understand. I rushed to the nearest medical hall and brought her some medicine. She was hardly conscious when i showed the tablet and water. She was sweating profusely and that worried me. I sat there rubbing her forehead face and hands with cold water.

I sighed when her temperature came down. I prepared soup for her to drink.

She woke up at 11 in the night. She seemed to be dizzy for a second but she was okay.

"So, finally the sleeping beauty is up" I said startling her. Oops! I didn't mean to startle her.

"Auh... What happened?" She asked her voise horase.

"What do you remember?" I asked her raising a eyebrow.

"That i was folding some clothes and then.... I woke up in a bed" she said. I couldn't help but chuckle at her confused face.

"Did you not know your body was burning?" I asked.

"I fainted" she asked surprised.

"Not exactly." I said.

"Well this is the first...." She said trying to sit up but couldn't.

I helped her sit and told her " I will go get the soup, okay?" She just nodded her head.

By the time i was back she was sitting with her eyes closed.

"Kritika...... Come on let's drink some soup you will feel better." I said placing the soup bowl on the side desk. I helped her drinking the soup in silence. A little colour reached her cheeks and her eyes didn't look that pale.

"What is that?" She asked nodding towards something behind me. That was a box of my things and on top of box there was something wrapped, gift i brought for Kritika.

"That is a gift.... I thought we would have dinner somewhere posh and i would give you that." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"I am sorry"she said quietly.

"What are you sorry for? Your health more important than some dinner" i said.

After few minutes of silence she said "You know ... You could give me the gift" with a smile on her face.

I chuckled at her and brought the gift for her. Her eyes lit like on a Christmas morning.

"Wow... 'Someone like you' this is my fav book but Rehaan i already have a copy" she said with a little pout but however was hugging the book.

"I know.... But look inside..." I said smiling guessing her reaction.
She immediately opened the book and.....

"Oh... My.... God.... This is a signed copy...." She was shrieking. She didnt look like the one not feeling well at all.

"Thank you so much..... How do you even have a signed copy? And are you sure you want to give it to me?" She asked.

"I went for the book launch back then.. And when i came to know you love the author so much i thought this would be a perfect gift." I said.

"You know Rehaan if i am not sick i would have kissed you." She said blushing while i raised a eyebrow.

"You know what? Lets share some germs" i said taking the book from her hand and daring to kiss her, didn't she say she want to kiss me.

"Rehaan.... You will also fall sick" she said trying to pry me off her.

"Kritika... I'm trying to be romantic" i said in a duh tone and continued " if you want you can take care of me when i am sick" . that was the last thing i said before crashing my lips to hers and crawling beside her never losing the contact. We cuddled into each other only kissing for god knows how long until she feel asleep her lips still on mine.

.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
That was chapter 26... Drum roll please. The cover on the side is by one of the love quote from my one of thr fav author prassant kevin.

Hope you like it:)

Do tell me how it is.

Like.vote.comment.fan.

Thankyou

Love
XOXOXO

Heart to Heartजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें