Chapter 19: the burdensome reality

Começar do início

"So how was school? I hope you had a lot of fun."

"Well, this year was hell; i hadn't studied this much in my life, somedays i swear i felt my brain exploding." Victoria said. "Quidditch was fine this year, i broke the record of last year, by achieving far more scores. If everything goes as planned, i'll be the captain next year, after Wood leaves."

Adelaide only attended Ravenclaw and Gryffindor's matches that year, since she didn't really care for quidditch. She attended the former's matches because of her duty towards her own house and she attended the latter's because of cheering on her sister, and frankly she knew how to play. She made the games that she played in so entertaining and gave everyone the show they wanted.

"My year was alright, i suppose. Victoria and i are members of the slug club, there had been some gatherings and there was a Christmas party as well, last night. Though Victoria didn't attend feigning sickness." Elizabeth shot Victoria a glare, and Victoria faked coughing , winking at them.
"The Christmas parties are for fifth years and above, I don't know what kind of stupid thing you're going to say next year."

"Don't worry, in two year he would also bring Adelaide into his collection and i won't be a hassle." The slug club was for fourth years and above so it was two years from now and Adelaide would be making stuff up too.

"You were supposed to take someone with you as well.." Victoria said mischievously. Elizabeth blushed and looked away.

"Ah, so you are meaning that your sister is interested in someone and likely dating them?" Their father said grinning. Edmund made a gagging voice.

"Oh, Edmund when you get older, i am sure to do the same." Elizabeth said looking rather annoyed, her blush was still visible.

"So who is this lucky student?" Their father asked his grin getting bigger.

"Well, his name is Philip Goldstein." Elizabeth murmured, her face now a deep scarlet. Adelaide chuckled, she was enjoying this too much.

"So how is he?" Helena asked a small smile forming on her lips.

"Ugh, what should i say?" Elizabeth said gliding down from her chair.

"First of all, congratulations. Second of all you can say which year is he from? Then how did you meet?.." Their father said, smiling broadly.

"He is a 6th year Ravenclaw. We started dating from early this year..."

"REALLY? WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY EARLIER?" Victoria shouted. Oh, she definitely knew from the beginning, she is just embarrassing her further.

"Anyways, i wasn't really close to him before. He is very nice and kind. Happy now?" Elizabeth spat the last sentence out.

"Very." Victoria said smiling and sitting carefree on her chair.

"I am very happy for you Lizzie. But i hope you would all say these things sooner, for your own good." Their father said smiling at Elizabeth, who was slowly recovering from her blushing.

"Now now, Victoria what about you? You had a lot of fun spilling Elizabeth's secret." Adelaide said smirking.

"Nope. With a capital P." Victoria said defensively.

"Well, next year, i'll be surveying you carefully, to see if you'll be lying." Elizabeth said, her eyes glimmering dangerously.

"Don't you dare." Victoria said, frowning.

"We'll see." Elizabeth said simply.

"Ok, now Heidi. Your turn. What do you have to say?" Helena asked her sister.