Chapter 1

Connor swears his internal clock is malfunctioning from the stress on his biocomponents because it says it's only been a few days when Connor could swear he's been down here for weeks, or months. Of course, the malfunction could also be a result of the several other incompatible and yet miraculously functioning biocomponents inserted into his hardware. Running self-diagnostics between each "surgery" helped distract Connor from the residual pain. Currently he's documented foreign biocomponents from military androids, service androids, public service androids, load bearing androids and even intimacy androids. It was all very... disorientating. And painful. Very, very painful.

Of course he tried contacting Amanda, but something in his program was corrupted and he couldn't retreat into the Zen Garden anymore. A function he missed dearly. He never missed anything before. But down here, in this rancid place, he missed a lot of things. He missed the outdoors. He missed fulfilling his program. Hell, he even missed Hank, for all his grouchy quirks. In his time down here, Connor came to terms with the fact that the emotional shock of his seemingly unending torture triggered deviancy in his software. He could care less about that right now though. Right now all he cared about was Zlatko, and the rage he inspired.

Right now, Connor felt that rage as the most recent surgery was finished, welding all his haphazard parts together to "complete" him. The aftermath left him in less pain than usual, but even so, there was a constant dull ache in his parts that left him on edge, and it slightly grew in intensity when he moved. Then Luther, the less than gentle giant, lifted him onto the platform that started this whole mess. "Congratulations Connor, I'm going to reset your memory. Doesn't that sound nice?" Connor opts to stay silent, only scowling at the man with his glowing red eyes. "Oh, don't be like that, you're going to forget all about this soon anyway. And the best part is, you're perfect. I can think of a few people who would pay top dollar for a high quality killing machine like you. And if that doesn't work out, I can always market you as a multi-purpose android. Or I can just keep you around, like Luther here." Pushing a few keys, the cord plugs into the nape of Connor's neck and begins resting his memories.

When Zlatko leaves with Luther, Connor begins looking around for a way out. He refuses to be erased, especially so he can just be sold off like a plastic toy or used to do this to other innocent androids. Looking around for anything he could use to his advantage, Connor sees the cables above him, and he grabs one, managing to pull hard enough that it completely breaks, the progress bar representing his reset glitching out before disappearing. With memory loss no longer being an issue, Connor now had some extra time. He leverages himself against the restraining machine and yanks it hard, and he apparently underestimated his upgraded strength, as his arm comes out almost immediately and he's left flailing for a moment. With an arm now free, getting out of the rest of the restraints was easy.

Now out of the contraption, Connor looks down at his naked body. Most of the skin overlay was missing due to Zlatko's extensive alterations, revealing black metal. He leaves the makeshift lab and intends to do something about Zlatko when he pauses halfway to the stairs and turns to the cages. By the time he entered the main house, every door was wide open.

Connor takes careful steps in the main house, listening for Zlatko and Luther's voices. The only thing he hears is the shower going. That buys him five minutes maximum. He looks upstairs and sees Luther standing perfectly still with his eyes closed. Convenient. He moves upstairs and starts inspecting rooms. The first one he finds is seemingly a storage room. With an android bear in it. How did Zlatko even get that? He opened its cage as well. No android left behind. The next room he found was a bedroom. Based on how well kept it was, it was most likely Zlatko's. And there was a gun leaning on the nightstand. Conor quickly grabs it, but notices it's empty. "W̷̛̤̪͆h̷̰̪͑ͅe̴̢̝̓̀͝r̵̮͎̆ë̸͚͚̚ ̵̠̎w̸̞͖̬̏̓̉ò̵̡̻̬̔ͅu̵͔͈̤̅͆̀̚l̸͎̍̆̌̚d̶̡͑̓͂̚ ̷̭̇͗͑s̶̰̙̗͕̎̋̔u̸̧͐̾c̶̜̩̬̥̉̈͂̕h̴̭̙̀͜ ̸̤̣͓̈́͌a̵̧̟̎̕͠ ̵̡̪̣̈́t̸̡̹͋w̵̦̠̻͛i̶̛͉͐͊͗͜s̴̳͑̂̈́̄t̴̨̲̺͋e̶̹̟̓̆̈́́d̵͔͋̉͛ ̶̭̟̬́̂̏̽ì̷̡͊͒̔ń̶͈̍̇̓d̷̠̀͊i̶̧͓͎̣̓̌v̶͖̳̖͉́̈́̀i̵̬̐͗͘ͅḑ̸̯̗̘̐ư̵̟̤̤̜̔́̒a̷̧̲̙̲͊̇l̵̡̛̜͂̕ ̴̲͕̃͝k̸̯̍͊͘̚ȇ̸̛͖̫̫͉̌̅ë̸̙̹p̵̱͎̦̣̉̚ ̷͍̓͊h̵̙̮̻̼̍͝ǐ̵̱̞s̵̢̟̒̀͝ ̵̡͕̝͊̽̍b̷̬͗̈̂̇ͅȕ̸͕̍̍̈́l̷̥̼͔̗̓l̷͕͕̠͍̽̃̿̏é̵̪͍̆͠t̵̲̀̐͋̚ş̸̟̙̄?̶̲̈́͒̌̂" He pauses a moment to rub at his throat, both because of the newfound difficulty to speak and the static his voice was now overlaid with before opening the nightstand to find a box of shells. "Ô̸̯̹̦͝f̷̰̔̌̃ͅ ̶̫̜̅͋͘c̶͈̙͊o̶̡̺̠̘̍ų̴̧̜̈̎̊̚ŕ̴̥̞͓̗̊̎̇s̴̜̋͒̍͗ė̴̖̗̆͑͜." He loads the shotgun and heads back down to the basement to find the scarred androids hesitantly leaving their confinement. "Ā̷̝͙͖n̵͍̫͋͌̋́y̸͎̐̍o̷̤̿n̴͚̘̲͗͝ͅe̵̤̤̙͆̕ ̶̳̈́͋̽w̶̮̳̌͝h̸͔̮̋o̶̯̳̚ ̸̼̠͛w̷̞͙̗͐ā̵̺̞͔̈̓̚n̸̘͍̈́̊͑t̴͇̯̊̾̀͝ṣ̸̜͝ ̶̞̭̰̝͛̔f̶̣̥̿̏̈͠ŗ̷̣̳̼̽̍̈́ȅ̶̢̲͙̣́͝e̶̲̮̗̋̉͂ḍ̸̢̝̄̀̒͠o̸̝͔̚͝m̷̨̘̳̈́̌ͅ,̶̛̮͛͂ ̵̪̃̌̒̅c̴̼̼̈ớ̸̹ḿ̵̤ę̴̗͉͗ ̷̧̡̱̼͋̍ẁ̶̭̩i̶̱͖̪͖̚t̴̞̯͊h̴̡̺̙͚̆̈ ̷̡̛̥͋̐́m̷̗̬̜̦͌͘͝ě̵͎́̋̊!"

"Where do you think you're going?!" Connor turns back to see Zlatko fresh out of the shower with Luther at his back. "I am your master! Get back in your rooms!"
Connor raises the gun. "I̶͚̳͚̍͝ ̵̤͘d̶̜̹̹͇̑̐͆̂o̴͚̓͛͝n̸̡̐͒͂'̷̢̎̈̍͘ṱ̶̛̈͑ ̵̪̄͂̃t̴̢̮̩́h̶̻̆̈́͛͜͝í̴̬̮͇͑̈́͜͝n̴̡̝̠̲̄͆̒k̸͙̪͂͝ ̶̦̞̙̐̒̔s̶̫̼̄ö̸̭̺́̍͒,̴̡̨̟̣̿͐̀ ̴̨̹̏̏̂Z̴̛̯͙͂̍̿l̸̫̻̥͇̄̃̀à̸̼̔͌̒ẗ̴̨͕̏k̷̮͋o̸͉͔̪͓̓."
Zlatko is taken aback by the act of defiance before his temper flares. "Luther, deal with them." Luther marches up to the group, and Connor aims the gun at his chest. But the larger android merely walks past the barrel to stand beside him. "Luther, what are you doing? Destroy them!"
Luther looks at Connor and looks back at Zlatko. "No."
Zlatko growls. "How. Dare you. You obey me! I am your mas-" Zlatko is sent to the ground with a massive bloody divet in his chest.
Luther looks at Connor who shrugs. "W̷͂͋͜ẖ̷̑̈a̴͛͜͝t̸͎̰̕?̶̪̽͝ͅ ̶̣̎Y̸̧̠͑̇o̴̳͛u̵̩̪̿͝ ̸̪̈́̎r̵͍̲̋ẹ̷̹̔a̷̛̭̍l̸̮̉̑l̴̩͆̈y̶̢͇͒̇ ̶̼̮̑̓w̷͎̩͊͌å̷̯͙n̷̯̋t̸͚̜̄ḛ̷̎̇d̵̲̥̂͌ ̷̛̝̝͗t̷̙́ō̵̱͚ ̶͚̲͌l̴̹̙̀i̵̧͑s̷̜̿̍t̷͎̏̕ȇ̶̪̔n̷̛̼̬̍ ̵͕̓̽ṫ̸̜̌o̴̳̜͛ ̵̳̅t̸͓̚h̵͚̯̉̀á̶̲͐ͅt̶͔̺̂?"

Outside Zlatko's house, Connor turns back to look at it while the inferno he started claimed it. Luther walks up to him, the assembled androids not sure what to do with their newfound freedom and simply waiting for some kind of instruction. "So, what do we do now?"
Connor hands Luther the shotgun. "T̶̠͂å̷̡̫k̷̭͚͒e̵̫͔͊ ̸̝͝t̶͓͂ȟ̴̗͇͠i̷̼̕s̷̟͖͒̾ ̸̛͎̾a̶̭͗͝n̷̛̟d̵̳͝ ̶̱̖̏̎g̸̨̙͆̀ŏ̸̳̍ͅ ̸̞͚͌̎s̷̛̎͜ó̶̪̥́m̷̢͖͘ë̸̹̦́w̵̛̜̉h̴̩̓̚ḛ̶̻͛ṙ̸̪̌e̴̩̋̎ ̶͈̀̀s̷̘̈a̴̬̤̐f̶̤̌e̸̪͆.̴̢̳̆͆ ̶̪̩̂I̸̼̽ ̷̖̚h̵͚̺̔á̵͎͝v̶̨͗̔͜e̶̛͍͓ ̴̣̄̈s̴̮̚ò̶͍̳m̸̭͗e̷̖̽͠t̵̨̬͋̈́ḧ̵̡̹́ǐ̸̳̫n̷̛̫̥g̴̣͝ ̸͖͝I̵͉̔ ̴̹̽͝n̶̮̦͒e̵͕̔e̴̫͒ḑ̵͊̑ ̶̞͌̓t̷̪͙̂̾ō̵̢̳ ̶͓̏d̴̜̦̓ǒ̴̠͝.̷̠͕͊͝"

Walking into the police station, Connor garnered many strange looks, which is to be expected given his new appearance and exposed... parts. But everyone was too in shock to stop him, so Connor counted it as a win, and he strolls up to Hank's desk, ignoring his replacement opposite the decorated officer."L̵͖̐̚ḭ̶́̾ȩ̵͕̇̏ú̴͓͘t̶͖́͝e̵̳͗̚n̸̗͑̈a̸̖͚̚͝n̸͍͐̕t̷͙̼̔̈ ̶̗̻͝A̷̠͋ń̸̞̍ͅd̵̞̊ę̴̃ṙ̴̡̒s̸̜͑̈́ͅo̷̱͋̿n̸͉͌."
Hank and the replacement Connor look up simultaneously, both exhibiting signs of surprise, with Hank's being more verbal. "What the fuck."
"It's ̴͖̫̔̕m̸̔͜ě̶̮͍͆,̶̳̘̓̽ ̵̪̦̕Ć̶̪̰ȏ̵̬n̶͚͓͌̌ń̴̯̪̓o̵͉̺̊̚r̶̠͑.̷̧̳̏ ̶̹̗͊͝I̸̤̕ ̶̝͉͘á̷̼̈́m̶̺͒́ ̸͎̜͐t̶͈̱̅h̷̝̃é̴͇̒ ̴͍̱́â̷͇͔n̴̤̲̅d̶̜̭̓́r̶͈̓̚o̶̤͘į̷̠̾̏d̴̗͂ ̴̺̳̎s̴̜̳̐ĕ̸̟̪̈́ņ̶͘t̴̫̙̓̾ ̴̪̒b̴̻̈́y̶͕̪̎ ̴͍̮͌̽Č̵͈y̶̨̺̚b̸͈̍̇e̷̻͈̅r̸̦̝̐L̵̛̟i̴̟͆̀f̴͇̏͝ẹ̴͖́̉.̴̖͙̽