02, a promise.

'Nah, mate,' Rob shook his head, 'everyone else's phone completely blow up this morning?'

'No?' Josh said, confused.

'Cause you've got your notifications off.' Ryan laughed.

'Penelope Dean covered it won't always be like this,' Eli said, smiling away to himself. 'How mad is that?'

'No way!' Josh exclaimed. 'Let's see?'

Again, they all watched the video Penelope posted to her story again. Eli had watched it over and over again since he got the message that she covered it. It was a beautiful cover, even they hadn't actually played it on piano so hearing Penelope do so, with her vocal ability made the song sound ten times more sad but in the best way possible.

It was good news for them, someone as big as Penelope Dean covering their song would do wonders for their exposure. They were all big fans of Nightingale, two years ago they both played at Rock En Seine festival, Nightingale was the headline act and they smashed it. Seeing Penelope Dean cover their song is wild to them, because at the festival, Penelope introduced herself to them and said they made a great performance. They guys thought she was just being polite by complimenting, but two years later she's covering the song she  praised them for back then.

That was back when they just had a couple of singles, how they managed to get onto that stage they have no idea. Now they're concluding their tour for their debut album, so much has changed since then, they've all grown up so much, matured as a band. To think Penelope and Ricky are similar ages to them, and have achieved so much is insane to think about, in a way though, it's extremely motivating.

'Mad,' Josh said, shaking his head in disbelief. 'Ricky's releasing a new one, yous heard the snippet?'

'Shite.' Ryan laughed. 'Well, I think so.'

'It's so bad, christ.' Elijah joined in. 'And he's the one everyones sided with, shame ain't it.'

'We should invite Penelope to the London gig.' Rob added, and they all just looked at him like he was being ridiculous. 'Not saying she'll come.'

'She definitely won't, are you kidding?' Ryan said.

'She might!' Rob defended himself. 'Message her of our instagram or something.'

'Okay, but if this ends up being so embarrassing it's your fault mate.' Elijah laughed, pulling his phone out.

'No harm trying is all i'll say.'

Inhalerdublin
Hey, we saw your cover of it won't
always be like this, you've defo
given us a run for our money on
that one. We're playing in London
on saturday, if you wanted to
come along we'd be happy to
have you!

Penelope was at home when she got the message, she thought it was kind of them to reach out and acknowledge her cover that people had lots of differing opinions on. The invitation to their concert was sweet too, although she didn't know what to do. People would see her at that gig and decide she's completely unbothered by the breakup of nightingale whist ricky supposedly pours his heart into new music. Selfish perhaps, but there's only so much hate a woman can read about herself until it starts to take its toll.

As always she messaged Sophie to get her thoughts, if she did go, she'd have to bring sophie. She was also good at not caring, she has that kind of attitude where people just don't mess with her, in a way, Penelope wishes she was like that and less sensitive.

Sophie decided that the two of them should go, Penelope did like their music, it would be a fun gig and the first that Penelope has went to in so long. It felt right, after everything, Sophie knew Penelope deserved a night of letting loose and vowed that if anyone said anything, Sophie would tell them exactly where to go.