Chapter 9

Finally Defining Their Relationship

"How romantic," Cassandra gushed as Juliette shared about the time she spent with Nicholas. "It was nice," Juliette finally admitted. "When are you going on your second date?" Cassandra beamed. "We did not go on a date. We were simply hanging out and enjoying each other's company as friends," Juliette emphasized. Cassandra laughed realizing that she needed to knock some sense in her friend's head. "Who are you trying to convince? Me or yourself? My sweet naïve, friend you went on a date," Cassandra announced. "Don't put ideas in my head," Juliette said. "I bet he will call you again very soon to see you," Cassandra teased.

"Well, I plan to take him along to one of the charity groups I am a part of and to church," Juliette explained. "Wow, this sounds serious. I want to be your made of honor," Cassandra clapped in delight.

"Cassanda, please stop. He did not purpose to me," Juliette said shocked by her assumptions. "I predict it won't be long. At this rate love is around the corner," Cassandra teased. Juliette's phone went off and Cassandra peeped at it. "Told you so," she giggled. "Behave," Juliette pleaded as she sent a message to Nicholas who was asking to see her again.

"Don't say a word," Juliette said watching Cassandra's curious eyes. The last thing she needed was Cassandra putting doubts in her mind about how this would all go.

Nicholas was happy that Juliette was agreeing to see him these days. Every time he spent with her, he found himself discovering something new. Immediately, he learned that she was warm, compassionate and loyal to helping others. Juliette cared for the elderly, homeless and adopted children. She was a part of numerous charities helping her community in her spare time. Furthermore, she was passionate about praise, worship and prayer. Nicholas could feel her love for God when she sang and praised God. When they attended one of the church services together, he could not keep his eyes off her. Juliette closed her eyes and praised God with all her heart. The tears rolled down her eyes and Nicholas felt the peace and joy she experienced from worshipping the father. Nicholas caught on quickly that Juliette was introducing him to her world and allowing him to decide if he wanted everything that came with it. He knew she did not anticipate that he was falling in love with her and wanted to be a part of it all not only for her but himself.

Every time she smiled, shared, gave and worship it reminded him of letting your light shine so men could see the father's good work and glorify him in heaven.

Weeks had passed and his heart yearned for so much more. However, Juliette kept him in the friend zone and he prayed that she would feel for him the love that he had for her. He finally got her to enjoy a home cook meal with him at his house after weeks of charity, church, bible studies, walks, and picnics together. Nicholas was determined to change it all tonight.

Juliette closed her eyes savoring the juices from the stuffed chicken Nicholas had made. She had to admit he was an awesome cook and she could get use to it. Nicholas zeroed in on her lips and got flustered each time she bit her lips wanting to kiss her. Juliette was feeling that he was far too quiet as if he was analyzing something. The weeks had not gone as planned in her mind. She found herself enjoying his company far too much and delighting in the times they spent together at church, in worship and prayer. Juliette thought he would have backed away discovering her likes but he seemed even more drawn to her. She was spending far too much time with her new friend who she adored.

After they ate, Nicholas invited her to sit with him on the porch for a little while. The silence was thick and Juliette tried to read the room. "Is something wrong?" she finally asked avoiding his eyes.

"Yeah, something is wrong," he said gently turning towards her. Juliette stared at him realizing this was important the way he was watching her so intensely.

"Juliette................ I don't know when to begin," he started to pray internally asking the holy spirit to give him the right words to say. He took her hands and gently kissed them looking at her directly in the eyes.

"The last few weeks have been amazing. You Juliette Lawson are amazing. Sharing with you, praying with you, talking about God, going to the different charities have all reminded me about the importance of life. You have opened my eyes to love, kindness and prayer on deeper levels. For that I say "thank you," he confessed.

Juliette looked at him in awe and simply nodded. A tear trinkled down her eyelids and Nicholas wiped it gently away.

"As much as I enjoy being your friend and hanging out together as we explore our faith in God, my heart yearns for more. Juliette..................I can't just be your friend. I want to be with you all the time. Juliette Lawson, I am falling in love with you," Nicholas said happy to freely express what was going on in his heart.

Juliette sat dumbfounded at his confession. Did she want more too? How was she feeling about them being more than friends?

"Nicholas, I don't know what to say?" Juliette said. "Are you sure you want a relationship with me?" Juliette asked.

"More than anything else. I am not putting pressure on you. We can move at your pace. I just wanted us to explore more of us if you would have me," Nicholas suggested. Juliette felt her heart race and her stomach churned. Nicholas had her feeling excited with the possibilities of a new love with him but she had to be sure this was what she wanted.

"Nicholas, I don't know about this. We are doing so good as friends. Do you want to ruin this?" Juliette asked searching his eyes.

Nicholas was disappointed she was not to keen to try and stood as she grabbed his hand surprising them both. "You have to be sure without a doubt." She spoke. Nicholas knew she was hurt before so her hesitation was expected.

"Juliette Lawson, my heart beats only for you. I love you and want a life with you. You mean everything to me and I will show you how much I love you everyday if you give us a chance," he said freely.

Juliette smiled feeling reassured about his confession. "Maybe we should try," she managed to say. Nicholas pulled her into his arms elated and flabbergasted. Juliette embraced him feeling safe in his arms. His fingers gently touched her lips requesting permission to kiss her without saying the words. She nodded biting her lips making Nicholas giggle that she was tugging at his heart with her soft lips. In seconds he walked closely to her eliminating the space between them and kissed her knowing that their love was just beginning.