Chapter Six-

Chapter Six-

Comment/Vote/Enjoy.

The book was slammed in front of me on the desk, looking up I met eyes with Jessica; the girl I had to work beside who, bearing in mind, hates my guts.

“That book is to take appointments which are made by telephone and the red book is the appointment book made face to face. Do you think you can wrap your brain around that?” she pondered.

Just to piss her off I pretended to glance around before looking up to her. “Sorry…you were talking to me?” I asked. She snorted in disapproval which just made the smug grin form on my lips.

She turned her back to me then seemed to remember something and turned to face me again, seriousness plastered on her face.

“This is of utmost importance. If Mrs. Mays phones, the boss is always out” I nodded then my thoughts voiced, “Why is she still titled Mrs. Mays even though they aren’t officially together?”

She looked to me out of curiosity. “How do you know that?” which was going to be a rhetorical question because I don’t want her to think I’m a stalker.

At a perfect moment the phone rang and the doors opened as a next client entered the office. “Work the phones” Jessica hissed then formed a fake smile as the gentlemen came to a halt at the desk.

I picked up the receiver.

“Mays industries, how may I help” I spoke formally. Searching for a pen I scribbled down in the appointment book the details of the person and the timings that that person was to come in.

-

Finally, lunch. I got up to leave when Jessica cleared her throat. I looked over to her to see her giving me death glares.

“Where do you think you are going?”

“…Uh, lunch?”

She laughed standing up brushing on her pencil skirt which showed her curves rather well. “This isn’t school brat, you have no breaks,”

My jaw dropped. The smirk she was pulling was evidence enough to say she hated me and this was payback. She picked up the red face to face appointment book then gestured her head to the red book I was assigned.

“We have to report to Mr. Mays of course, child” she snickered before walking over to the lift. I grabbed the red book and dashed to the lift.

While we were ascending I noticed Jessica tug on her black silk shirt so she exposed more of her cleavage. “Looking for a promotion?” I questioned, she looked to me with a disgusted look.

“What?”

I shook my head, “Oh nothing Jessie”

“Jessica” she snapped.

I chuckled, “Ok Jessie”