1

light's pov

"Second semester of senior year, here we go!" Misa said happily while holding on to my arm a little tighter. We were walking down the familiar hallways yet again with some of our friends, on our way to the first lesson of the semester: English. Misa was yapping to one of her many friends about some gossip she heard the other day. Some of the boys were talking about that one epic score from last nights football game and Matsuda, one of my closer friends was talking about some true crime thing he saw on TV recently to me. At some point the whole group had to part ways so we could all go to our respectful lessons. "I'll miss you, babe" Misa said while giving me a kiss on the cheek. "I'll miss you too" I said plastering on a smile.

I did really love Misa, she's been a great friend of mine for years now. But it was dad's great idea that i might ask her out because she would be perfect for me. He isn't technically wrong, she's an absolutely beautiful girl. She has beautiful blonde hair and a nice figure, beautiful blue eyes and a very nice personality. I also know that she wants to have 4 kids. According to dad she's the perfect woman for me, but i just honestly don't really see myself marrying her. 

After Misa left it was just me and Matsuda on our way to English class. When we entered the classroom there were already a few people sitting, talking about their weekends or the newest gossip. Among those people Ryuzaki, my rival was also sitting in the back all alone (like always). I gave him an extra dirty look so he wouldn't try to say anything stupid. 

Me and Ryuzaki had been rivals for a few years now, he was the only student in the entire school who is almost as smart as me, some people say he's smarter then me but i beg to differ. His raven hair is always annoyingly messy and his skin is always as pale as a dead body. He only seems to be wearing the same few clothes. I am not one to indulge in gossip but last year he was supposedly seen kissing with another male, so he's also a homosexual. There is just so much to hate about him its infuriating.

 I went to sit down next to Matsuda and we started talking about whatever popped into our minds until our English teacher decided to start the lesson. 

A/N: and that concludes chapter 1! the chapters are gonna be a lot shorter then they used to be sorry if that might annoy you lol. also i'm gonna try to upload atleast once every 2 weeks? idk if i can stick to that but we'll see lmao

(alsoo happy birthday to my boy light!!!)

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i think i'm falling in love with this writing thing again?

also also also i created a twitter account (absolutely not calling it X) and i might sometimes share some things about this fic or other things on there so if you wanna follow its @Ash_isnothere :>