026. jack survived the dreaded bermuda triangle

Start from the beginning

"If I'm complaining, it's only cause these decorations are lame." Jack tells him. "Seriously, don't you want it to be scary?"

"Oh, trust me, the house will be scary." Cage assures. 

"Well, I hate to rain on your parade there, Martha Stewart, but these decorations are lame."

"Hmm. Lame?"

"You wanna get it really scary in here, you gotta go all-out, girl. One year, me and my cousin George. He's...He's crazy...we go to a morgue, we get a real dead body. We set him up in a chair on his front porch, okay." Jack brings over a chair. "Right? Just like this." He poses and laughs. "It scared the bejesus out of them little kids, man. They scattered like roaches. You can't top that kind of authenticity, you know?"

"Hold on, so you stole a real dead body from the morgue?" Riley questions.

"Yeah. But his funeral wasn't till the following weekend anyway, so..." He cleans the blood off his hands.

"Jack?" McKenna says.

"Hmm?"

"I would never tell that story again. Ever."

"Why?"

"It's a felony." I continue carving the pumping.

"It's not...It's not a felony. It's like a misdemeanor." Jack tells me.

"Definitely a felony."

"I think it's a slap on the wrist."

"It's a felony."

"Depends on where you-"

"No, it doesn't. Aggravated cemetery desecration is a class E felony. As such, if you are convicted of this crime, your sentence may include up to 4 years in prison, 5 years of probation, a fine and restitution." I wipe my knife on the rag beside me.

"Here's Johnny!" My ring tone goes off, making everyone scream.

"It's Matty. We gotta go." I get up and clean my knife with another rag.

"Now, like this?" Jack sighs.

"Yes, now." I place my knife back in my holster and head to the door.

"Don't tell me none of y'all ever stole a dead body before."

"You like The Shining?" Bozer walks beside me.

"Yeah. It's my favorite horror movie. Jack Nicholson is one of the best actors of the generation." I open the door.

                       •❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"What's up?" Jack enters as I hold the door open for everyone.

"Do I wanna know?" Matty looks at his shirt and I close the door.

"Hmm? Oh, I, uh, cut myself shaving." He sits down.

"With what, a lawnmower?"

"We were-"

"Never mind. I don't care." She turns to the screen and I cross my arms. "A CIA tactical team was returning from Senegal with a prisoner when their plane went down. The aircraft and the passengers are all still missing. This is a complete list of everyone who was on board."

"This is Commander Wheeler's team." I walk closer to the screen. "Byron Wheeler."

"As in the vice-president's son?" Jack questions.

"Yeah."

"You ever meet him?"

"Once."

"Of course you have. Showoff."