ch 1

"Khalo kuchh, aakhir kab tak iss tarah se bhuki pyaasi rahoagi?" Fizaa said and sat beside her after placing the plate of food on the table. "Tumhare iss tarah se rahne se voh wapas nahi aane wale"

(Eat something, how long will you remain hungry and thirsty like this?)

"Fizaa...."

Her hoarsed voice came out. She turned her head to face Fizaa, her eyes were bloodshot and swollen. "Adaa...." Fizaa's voice trailed off when she saw her friend's condition.

Adaa's eyes turned towards the window and she spoke in a soft and weak voice, "kya kuchh kami thi hum mein? Jo woh aise humein bagair kuchh bataye chale gaye"

(Was there something lacking in me? Which he left without telling me anything)

Fizaa shook her head and softly caressed her head, "kami Tum mein nahi,kami humari kismat me hai. Log aate toh hai apna mann bahlane ke liye" she looked at the vase of flowers. "Par bas apni raaton ko rangin karne ke liye. Un logon ki wajah se hum kabhi khush nahi reh paate"

(The deficiency is not in you, the deficiency is in our luck. People come here to entertain themselves, But just to color their nights. Because of those people we can never be happy)

"Aurton ka bazaar laga dete hai yeh log, jise jo pasand aayi woh uski. Jin phulon se mohabbat se pesh aana chahiye unhe ye fanah kar dete jaise unka koi wajood hi na ho"

(These people set up a market of women and sell it to whoever they like. Those flowers who should be treated with love, they destroy them as if they do not matter)

Fizaa felt moisture on her cheeks and wiped them and hesitantly smiled at Adaa. "Chalo ab yeh khana khalo"

(Come eat this now)

Adaa shook her head and replied "mann nahi kar raha khane ka kuchh,"

(I do not feel like eating anything,)

Fizaa didn't listened to her and only insisted more, she brought the plate near her and lifted her hand to feed Adaa.

Adaa looked at the food infront of her and wave of nausea wash over her. she felt something raised in her throat and in a moment she running towards the bathroom to puke.

Fizaa looked at her in shock and ran behind her. She crouched down beside the younger girl and rubbed her back to soothe her pain. But her stress doubled when Adaa completely stopped moving and lost her consciousness.

Fizaa panicked and started to scream for help, "Ruksar khala! Jaldi yaha upar aayi ye! Adaa ko kuchh hogaya hai!"

(Ruksaar Khala! She came up here quickly! Something has happened to Adaa!)

•❅✧❅✦❅✧❅•

"Kya hua hai Adaa ko?"

(What happened to Adaa)

Fizaa couldn't help but asked when she saw the tensed expression on the older woman.

Ruksar begam dropped Adaa's wrist and looked at Fizaa, "maa banne wali hai yeh..."

(She is going to be a mother)

....a heavy silence fell in the room as everyone present there gasped, Adaa was pregnant! They can't believe it!

"Kya...aa..aap- Adaa sach mein? Yah Allah!" Fizaa gasped out and turned towards the said person when she stirred in her sleep.