Episode 7: Crazy For You

Start from the beginning

Barry got so startled, he fell off his chair. But he started laughing. "Isa, what is that?"
"The anthem of the Communist Soviet Union," I smirked. "With earrape. Our suit."
Barry started laughing even harder. "Okay, that's too perfect!"
"I don't get it," Cisco said, confused.
"Our suit, Cisco!" Barry got to his feet, but he couldn't stop laughing because the anthem was still going.'
Dr. Wells gave an amused chuckle. "It's history, Cisco. The communist party was known for their ideals where they share everything, and everything is the same for everyone. Same pay, same amount of control over an object, same everything. So the word 'our' was used a lot. Therefore, 'our suit' sounds communist. And the Soviet Union was communist. It was perfect timing."
I laughed turning off the music, "History joke! I made a joke! Yay!"
Barry finally settled down. "Isa, you made me laugh really hard just now. Where did you even learn that?"
I held up my history textbook on my iPad. "History."
"Speaking of perfect timing," Caitlin came in, "Tonight was the fastest you both have ever run."
"Yes, your training is paying off," Dr. Wells said. "That couple is alive tonight because of you."
"I can still get faster," Barry said. "I know I can."
"And you will one day," Dr. Wells rolled out of the desk. "But for today, I'd say you fulfilled your saved quota. Proper rest is what you need, as do we all."
"Better yet, what we all need is a proper drink." Cisco said. "Who's up for a round?"
My head once again jerked up, not for a good reason though. "Barry!"
I ran over to him, and crawled onto him just like a koala again, but clinging even harder.
"Cisco, you know one, Isa is underage, and two, she won't touch a drop," Barry said. "At least wait until she's not in the area to mention drinks. Plus, it's movie night with Joe, I can't. But we'll see you guys tommorow, alright?"
Barry managed to get me down, and we walked out of S.T.A.R. Labs.

Back at the house, I decided not to participate in movie night. I wanted to focus on this song, because I had ideas popping into my head left and right, and I couldn't lose them.

I'm starting to believe what he tells me
I see myself the way that he does
Smiling cause the way he after looked at me
It's got me on a dopamine buzz

I've noticed that the world is looking brighter
So bright when I'm talkin' to Oliver
I know all my cares would float away
If he were holding my hand
I know everything will be A-okay
When I'm talkin' to Oliver

Suddenly the scenery suits me
The hallways have a happier tune
And not a thing can bother me or bring me down
I'm too busy being over the moon

I've noticed that the clocks have stopped their ticking
Time stops when I'm talkin' to Oliver
Can't see clearly when I look around
I've got my head in the clouds
I fly twenty feet above the ground
When I'm talkin' to Oliver

Why is it I find myself dreaming, (Talkin' to Oliver)
Thinking of the life that we'd share? (Talkin' to Oliver)
The world can laugh and tell me I'm a lunatic (Talkin' to Oliver)
But I don't even think that I'd care (Talkin' To Oliver)

That's when Barry came into my room. "You coming to movie night?"
"Nah, maybe next time, I'm on a roll here," I said. "I've already written five stanzas in just ten minutes! The ideas are flowing and I can't lose it."
"Well, you can show it to me afterwards, then," Barry smiled. "It better be good."
"It will!" I exclaimed.
I knew the reason why the ideas were flowing so well, were because I was describing the feeling I was having while reading Percy's letters. I was smitten too. I was using that to make the song.
I continued writing: