Keep It Playful

ao3: philtatosss

"If you lose I will drop you." Ego Jinpachi is a very motivational speaker.

"Got it." 

"Just because you got in good position after your last two match yesterday, you can be so conceited about today's fight." here comes his coach sharp approach. "Don't be so open." 

He nodded politely. Never underestimate someone, be it a novice or a newly promoted kid. Chigiri understands that, it was etched in his mind. Do not waste a single second, watch, analyze, be quick, don't just act on reflex and lastly, deliver a winning blow. It was programmed in him. He was trained to not be a predictable foe. 

"Don't humiliate yourself, annihilate them." sounds like a freaking plan. "Your first one is a well-known opponent. Isagi Yoichi." 

He whistle. Suddenly he was more than ready to start, eager. 

Isagi Yoichi is no prodigy in Jiu-Jitsu, but a result of pure hard work. That's what makes him a tricky opponent to fight. He is the top athlete in Ichinan High and Chigiri's fated and sworn rival, the rest is history as to why there's a hint of badblood between Rakosute and Ichinan as long as he could remember. And it must be fates laughing at them when they represent each school. 

"You've been in each other's throat since." Kunigami says from the stand. 

"Yeah." he turns to Kunigami. "When is your next match?" 

"Later. At 4." he nodded.

Chigiri had been working on lasting longer by training his core. Timing how long he can lasts after exerting an indefinite strength dominating on top. He can safely say he'd shown a big improvement, just comparing his stats last year. Right now all he wanted is to dominate Isagi Yoichi thoroughly

Across the room, Isagi sat in the stands while all ears to his coach. Around him is another teammates under the same club. The bob-cut guy had already made a lasting impression on Chigiri by simply being there. Kunigami warns him about his agility and quick reflexes, experiencing first hand. 

Reo Mikage and Nagi Seishirou stand behind, unlike Isagi, they were not dressed to fight. It looks like a matching outfits too. 

He grins to Kunigami. "Looks like we'll see the duo in the finals." 

"You have to advance to the final first moron,  before that." Ego chimed in, walking back from his short trip somewhere. He didn't even notice his coach left the stand for a while. "I've seen the brackets. Now, to your first match Chigiri Hyouma." 

"Aye." 

Three minutes before the match, as if sensing a pair of eyes across, Chigiri looked up to meet Isagi's. He smile sweetly, eliciting a reaction from him. It's an eye roll but he's taking it.

Standing on the mat, he and Isagi can feel the anticipation from the audience and their respective coaches and teammates. The smirk on their faces disappear, the jokes stop and Chigiri knew Isagi was thinking the same. 

Taking your opponent seriously is a sign of respect. Throwing the inside jokes out, Chigiri prepares. It's always critical and rough against Isagi, his style is to overwhelm him with intelligence and getting the dominance by surging to aggressive attack, while he would always look for mistakes and hole in his strategy.