CHAPTER - 1 'NO!'

Start from the beginning

The hope in her voice and the excitement in her eyes tugged at Abhimanyu's heart strings. How did he even punish this precious child of his? He cupped her face "I am sorry Anu. But surprise vo nahi hai, bacha."

And just like that Anya's face fell. She tried to hide the hurt she felt but it was clearly visible on her face. She shook her head "It's.. It's ok. Mai kuch zyada excite hogayi. I can wait for as long as you are sure that I can take care of myself, bhaiyya."

Abhimanyu shook his head and made her sit on the couch before he crouched down infront of her "I want you join me in the office, Anu. Will you? I want you handle "Birla Finance" from now."

Anya looked at him stunned. She blinked her eyes trying to make sense of her bhaiyya's words. Abhimanyu continued "This is no birthday gift at all. It is not even a gift. You have earned it, Anu. Aur ye tumari hai. I wanted you to join as soon as you finished your studies, but you wanted to do a normal 9 to 5 Job. And I agreed to it. Now we both know that you are confident enough to embrace this journey. I can't wait more bacha. Please join karlo." 

Anya nodded her head but she showed no excitement. Abhimanyu wanted to make sure "Is that a Yes, Anu?"

Anya nodded again. Abhimanyu sat beside her "Are you happy with this?"

Anya looked at him "Ye tho mera hi hai na bhaiyya. Aapne kaha ye gift bhi nahi hai. Tho mera gift kaha hai?"

That took everyone by surprise. They were not expecting that from her. Not at all!!!

Abhimanyu pulled her closer "You name it and it's yours Bacha. Kya chahiye batao? Just say!"

Ajay encouraged her "Poochle Anu. Bhaiyya ache mood mein hain. Har cheez keliye Haa boldenge. Make a good use of it!!"

Anya snuggled closer and defended her bhaiyya "Bhaiyya hamesha ache mood mein hi hote hain. He never says no for anything sensible. Woh sirf tab upset hote hain jab hum unhe bahut Dara dete hain. It is always his concern for us more than the anger."

Abhimanyu just melted like anything. He asked the girl to resign from the job. He restricted her freedom. And he also yelled at her. Not only did she understand the love behind his concern, she is defending him. She meant every word she said. His eyes misted but it is his princess's birthday. So, No tears!! 

Ajay just couldn't be more proud of his sister. His little sister is now 24 and he just want to stop the time. He didn't want her to grow any older!! 

Arav chipped in "Ok ok Guys! No more senti baate. No more tears. Meri Di ka birthday hai. Celebrate karna hai. Emotional nahi hona hai!!"

Everyone smiled at that while Akshara clicked pictures. 

Anya pulled back and looked at her bhaiyya "I am sorry for hurting you Bhaiyya. Main kabhi nahi karungi aisa phir se. Aap gift mein mujhe aapki maafi doge? I know you already forgave. Punishment bhi khatam kar rahe ho. But still, aise boldo. Main khush ho jaungi."

Abhimanyu smiled and kissed her forehead "Kardiya Maaf. Ab kush?"

Anya hugged him tightly "BAHUTTT!!!!"

Abhimanyu pulled back first "But because you asked for it, you will have to find yourself a suitable gift before we go to the board meeting and I officially announce you as the CEO of Birla Finance. Make sure that it should match my child's standards. Hurry up!!"

He ruffled her hair while Akshara spoke "Hmmm. Ye tho bada mushkil kaam hai, Abhi. Meri bachi ke standards kuch zyada hi high hai. Are you sure Anya will be able to find a suitable gift?"