15. "my sweetest love."

Start from the beginning

"Where's Sanghyeok today?" Donghyun asked, turning to face Jaehyun. "He usually follows you around."

"He's helping my mom out around the house today," Jaehyun said as he stood up. "Told him that I only have custom orders to complete today, so he stayed home."

"Can I borrow your board?" Dongmin asked as he stood up. "I won't break it, I promise."

"... suddenly, I don't trust you."

"See you two later!"

Sanghyeok waved his hand as Mr and Mrs Myung left their home, his heart racing wildly with nervousness. Jaehyun would be arriving soon, and the two would be all alone together. Sanghyeok heaved a heavy sigh, picking up his phone to occupy himself as he waited for his boyfriend to return from work.

Six months later, it still made him giddy to call Jaehyun his boyfriend.

Sanghyeok lifted his head when he heard the door unlock, standing up from his kneeling position on the floor quickly as Jaehyun walked into the home. "Sanghyeok-ah, I'm back~! What did Dad make for di—"

Jaehyun paused right at the entrance of the living room, eyes glancing about the table set out in front of him. On the coffee table in the living room were various small desserts, a soda bottle, and a single small cream cake with strawberries. Sanghyeok was nervous but pressed out an excited smile as he pointed at the cake. "It's our 6 months together."

Jaehyun's smile grew, eyes sparkling either happiness. "You prepared this?"

"Well, your mom helped, but I did as best as I could," Sanghyeok smiled, glancing down at the floor. "I know it's not much, but I figured that you'd be tired after work, so I rather did this."

Jaehyun stood just before Sanghyeok, gently holding his cheeks in his hands as he tilted his head. "I love you so much, you know?"

"Do you?"

"So, so much," Jaehyun chuckled, leaning forward to gently press a kiss to the other's lips. Sanghyeok returned the warm embrace, his arms naturally going to Jaehyun's neck to hold him close. Sanghyeok frowned when Jaehyun pulled away, his confusion contorting into laughter when Jaehyun began crying.

"What the— Jaehyun! Why are you crying?!"

Jaehyun laughed as he wiped his eyes. "No, I'm just so happy that I have someone like you in my life. You make me... so happy, Sanghyeok-ah..."

"If I knew you were gonna cry, I would've been recording," Sanghyeok laughed, using his sleeve to wipe Jaehyun's cheeks. "It's unfair that you look so pretty when you cry."

"Because these are tears of happiness," Jaehyun smiled, kissing Sanghyeok's forehead softly. "Happy six months to us, love. I hope we spend the rest of our years together."

"I love you, Myung Jaehyun."

"I love you too... Myung Sanghyeok."

"Don't do that."

"Fine, fine. Wait, let me go upstairs—"

"Oh hell no, you're not going to the rooftop."

"But everyone needs to know that I love you!"

Sanghyeok laughed as he hugged Jaehyun tightly, arms holding him place so that he couldn't move. "You only need to tell me from now on, okay?"

Jaehyun smiled, leaning his head against Sanghyeok's. "Let's eat some cake."

"Come to bed."

Jaehyun did a little dance to annoy the other before climbing onto his bed, dropping himself beside Sanghyeok with a grunt. "You're the best boyfriend, you know that?"

"I know," Sanghyeok agreed with a chuckle, lifting a hand to play with Jaehyun's hair. "I hope you enjoyed the surprise. I would've done more but..."

"I'll get you a gift tomorrow, okay? I'll be honest and say I forgot that it was our 6 months today," Jaehyun said with a small laugh. "I'll take you out tomorrow, okay?"

Sanghyeok nodded. "I'd like that. However... I think I can give you your gift now. Sit up."

"Hm? Another one? Wow, I'm the world's luckiest man."

Jaehyun and Sanghyeok sat up from the bed, the other pushing himself against the headboard as Sanghyeok got up from the bed to rearrange himself. Jaehyun froze in place as Sanghyeok put his knees on either side of his lap, making noises of confusion as Sanghyeok guided his hands to his waist.

"W-w-wha—"

"Only today. Today is your only chance for a long time," Sanghyeok spoke softly, lifting his shirt to allow Jaehyun to gently caress the skin of his waist. "So, what do you want to do... Jaehyun?"

Jaehyun knew exactly what Sanghyeok was suggesting, but he hadn't prepared himself at all. "Sanghyeok, are you sure? We've never done anything like this before..."

"I'm fine with it today," Sanghyeok said with a rather shy nod. "It's okay, Jaehyun. I want to give myself to you because I trust and love you. Unless you want to wait another 6 months before we do something like this...?"

"No, no, no," Jaehyun said quickly, chuckling as he pulled Sanghyeok closer by his waist. "We can do it. I don't think we can be too loud, though — my parents might hear."

"Oh, don't worry — I asked them if we can have the house to ourselves tonight."

"... o-oh."

Sanghyeok laughed as he tilted his head, leaning closer to Jaehyun. "So what are we going to do, hm? We can do anything you'd like, Jaehyunnie."

"... can we play Mario Kart?"

"... eh?"

Jaehyun laughed as he pulled Sanghyeok closer by his waist, lips gently grazing. "Nah, I'm kidding. I'm gonna make you mine forever."

"Now that's what I wanna hear."

[ — end. ]