Chapter 5 - Destiny

Start from the beginning

"I behaved well every day." I couldn't help but argue.

Staying there for a week, I finally learned to speak the ancient language fluently, so I could immediately argue with him. At first I thought it would take me a long time to get used to it, but I learned to use their language faster than I expected. I myself was surprised.

The listener's dark eyebrows raised and he looked at me with incredulous eyes: "You're good at arguing." He scolded me nonchalantly.

Judging by the look in his eyes and the slight curve of his mouth, he seemed satisfied with my discussion.

"Be patient one more day. Tomorrow I will ask my father to let you go out and gain merit in the temple." Those words were enough to alleviate some of my resentment. I raised my hands and thanked him politely. Phop reached out his hand, as if to pat my head, but he quickly stopped and withdrew it before leaving the house.

He still didn't fully believe that I was the person he knew. He wasn't strange. He was closer to Klao than anyone else. He must have sensed that something had changed. This made me wonder what exactly the problem was between him and Klao. Why did everyone say that Klao had behaved hostilely and aggressively towards him in particular?

"Klao, sitting idle like this is boring, right? Why don't you go ride the horses?" Khun Ying Prayong suggested when he saw me standing there looking around. At Phraya's house there were many beautiful horses that I would have liked to try riding. The only problem was...

"Um... I..."

"Klao, don't you know how to ride a horse?"

"Yes. But perhaps the servants could teach me." When I said this, the aunt shook her head.

"The servants are not very agile. If you are not well looked after, you will get hurt for nothing. It's better if you stay with me for today. If Phop has free time, I will tell him to teach you."

"...Thank you." I raised my hands to thank her, showing off a forced smile to put her at ease.

Let P'Phop teach me?This would have created more opportunities for him to come up with tricks and annoy me. I thought he knew I was avoiding him. That's why he had deliberately tried to find an opportunity to get close to me.

When Than Phraya spoke to me, Phop stood there, very close. When I was out for a walk, he would follow me, asking me about old stories and talking nonsense. He was frustrating. Even when I took a bath in the morning and afternoon, he came to visit me.

He was like a stalker!

"So, what are you doing, aunt?"

"I was going to make a garland to offer to the monks tomorrow. Klao, don't tell me you're interested in helping me."

"I... I'm not good at this stuff." I smiled shyly. Actually, I was able to do some housework like cooking and sewing simple things. But getting to the point of embroidering detailed wreaths, I would say I was of no help.

"Exactly, you are a virile man. Then sit down and look at me. Muan, he goes and gets the sweets from the kitchen and give them to Klao."

"Yes." Aunt Muan, the head chef, bowed her head.

Once the woman brought the sweets, I sat next to my aunt and ate them, watching with admiration as the women of the house helped create garlands.

I had to admit that the craftsmanship was very intricate, fast and beautiful.

"Auntie, let me massage your legs." After finishing the snacks until I was satisfied, I offered to massage the old woman with a desire to flatter her. I had come to live in someone else's house, I thought I should make an effort to be polite and courteous so they would treat me well.