"Jo is going to look beautiful in her wedding dress." Cami said and Savannah nodded at that." Tell me about it." She said as they waited to the wedding start. Kai looked around and saw a few of his family looking at him.

Kai sighed before looking ahead. Caroline smiled at everyone as Damon came in and moved to stand behind Alaric. The two said a couple of words before seeing Jo enter the room.

Everyone turns around to see Jo being walked by her father. Everyone turns to watch them meet Alaric and the bridesmaids and groomsmen at the altar. Once everyone is in position, the Reverend begins his homily. Alaric is stunned speechless by the sight of Jo, and they both beam at each other.

"Welcome, family and friends, on this magical evening to the wedding of Alaric Saltzman and Josette Loughlin. Josette and Alaric have prepared their own vows." The Reverend said and Alaric cleared his throat nervously as he looked at Jo.

"Ahem. Neither one of us should be here right now. We've spend our life dodging fate and beating the odds." Damon looked at Cami who smiled at him." But, because we did, I got to meet you, the most beautiful, hilarious and intimidatingly brilliant woman I have ever known. You inspire me, you've shown me that happiness is actually something that I can have in my life. And so..."

He grabs the ring from Tyler." I promise to be with you, and love you, and to dodge fate with you." He puts the ring on Jo's finger." for the rest of our lives." Jo begins to cry, and the camera cuts to all of the "Mystic Falls Gang" in turn to show their reactions

"Josette?" The Reverend asked, looking at her." Oh god, that's a tough act to follow." She said and everyone laughed at that." Here it goes-- Alaric Saltzman, you are a weird but funny guy." She said and Alaric chuckled." I could never forget the day that I met you and you told me you were a Germophobic. That was the day I told myself that I needed to know this man. And I am so happy I did. Because you, Alaric Saltzman has made me the most happiest woman in my life. And I want to continue to be happy when we raise our kids." She said and everyone clapped at what she said. Alaric wanted to cry so much as he nodded to her.

"The groom repeated after me. With this ring, I seal my promise, to be your faithful and loving husband, as God is my witness." The Reverend said and Alaric repeated after her.

"With this ring, I seal my promise, to be your faithful and loving husband, as God is my witness," Alaric said.

"With this ring, I seal my promise, to be your faithful and loving wife, as God is my witness," Jo said and she smiled at Alaric.

"You have come here today before us and before God and have expressed your desire to become husband and wife. You have shown your love and affection by joining hands, and have made promises of faith and devotion, each to the other, and have sealed these promises by the giving and the receiving of the rings. Therefore, it is my privilege as a minister and by the authority given to me by the State of Virginia, I now pronounce that you are husband and wife." She turned to Alaric," You may kiss your wife."

Alaric's gaze locked onto Jo's eyes before he tenderly pressed his lips against hers. The room erupted in joyous applause as everyone rose to their feet, celebrating the union of the newlywed couple.

Savannah's hands came together in a resounding clap, her heart filled with happiness as she witnessed her dear friend marrying the love of her life.

Alaric and Jo's faces lit up with sheer joy as they glanced at their cherished friends and family. Their smiles spoke volumes, conveying their deep appreciation for the love and support surrounding them.

As they embarked on their journey down the aisle, a symphony of congratulations filled the air, harmonizing with the couple's happiness. Outside, their loved ones followed suit, finding their designated seats to partake in a delightful feast.

Elena made her way into the room, clutching her suitcase tightly, prompting Savannah to cast a puzzled look her way. "Elena!" Savannah called out, stopping Elena in her tracks.

"Where are you off to?" she asked, her voice tinged with uncertainty. Elena's smile turned melancholic as she replied, "I'm leaving Mystic Falls." Cami's gaze shifted towards her, concern evident in her eyes.

"What? Why?" Savannah's voice trembled with confusion. Her eyes searched for answers, desperately trying to make sense of the unexpected decision.

"Because there's nothing here for me anymore," Elena replied. The words hung heavy in the air, carrying a sense of finality. "There is no threat. I'll just want to live my life now, away from here." Elena's voice held a mix of determination. She wanted to take a break for a long time.

"I know, and I'm exhausted from being caught up in the same old drama. It's time for me to break free and start living my life, maybe even swing by to see my brother," she announced, prompting a smile from Savannah.

"Remember, I'm here for you whenever you need anything," Savannah assured, her words carrying a sense of unwavering support. Elena's smile radiated warmth and affection as she embraced Savannah, silently conveying her gratitude.

"I should go and say my goodbyes to everyone else," Elena announced, a touch of sadness in her voice as she began to make her way. Savannah turned around, catching Cami's gaze fixed upon her, and they exchanged knowing smiles before proceeding to retrieve their nourishment.

As the wedding celebrations came to an end, they all made their way back to their respective homes. Kai sought respite on the couch, surrendering to its inviting embrace and closing his eyes, seeking solace in the darkness.

Meanwhile, Savannah and Cami took charge of the bedtime routine, gently guiding the children to their dreams before joining each other in the living room. There, they found comfort in each other's presence, cherishing the stillness that surrounded them.

"Today has been utterly exhausting," Cami sighed, her weariness evident in her voice, and the others nodded in agreement. "I don't know about you two, but I desperately need some rest." With that, she announced her departure, signaling her intention to retire for the night. "Goodnight, Cami," Savannah bid her farewell, while Cami reciprocated the sentiment before making her way towards her room.

"You did good today, Kai, despite avoiding your family." She said and he looked at her." Well, like you said, my family will have to take time to forgive me. Right now, I just didn't want to be today." He said and she nodded.

"I should probably head to bed," he murmured, earning a nod from Savannah as he made his way to his room. Meanwhile, Savannah picked up her phone and sent a text to Marcel. A smile played on her lips as Marcel described the chaotic events unfolding in New Orleans.

One day she will go back to New Orleans but right now she was going to enjoy the bit of Freedom she had before going back into more chaos.

She put her phone away before heading off to bed. She couldn't wait to see what happened next.

Off to Season 3.