ONE

ONE

"I said cheese!"

Anahita Heydari grinned happily as she held her phone up, her camera on so that she could take a selfie, her thumb hovering over the shutter button whilst wrinkles formed around her eyes from how bright her smile was.

"I know."

Oscar Piastri spoke as he stared at the camera, his face unamused at how his team mate had tried to get a selfie with him when he had only just woken up from a nap.

He rubbed his eyes tiredly, hearing the sound of her giggles hitting his ears with a small huff like laugh leaving his lips, since he was used to her and her amusing antics.

They had only been team mates for a few months and he could already read her like a book.

She had taken him under her wing when he had entered Formula One at the beginning of the season, showing him the ropes and introducing him to the fellow drivers on the grid.

She introduced him to Lando Norris, who she knew that he would bond with, the British boy having been her team mate at Mclaren the previous year before he signed a deal to drive for Red Bull alongside Max Verstappen, the reigning World Champion.

She introduced him to her friend Lance Stroll, who had initially wanted her to be his team mate at Aston Martin before she signed with Mclaren three years ago. Lance and Oscar didn't hang out much together, since the Canadian was quite reserved but when they did, they got along well.

She introduced him to Charles Leclerc who was her friend that was driving for Ferrari, and he was always really kind to him, reassuring him that he would succeed in his first year in Formula One. He would also answer the phone in the middle of the night if Oscar needed a question asking, but that was only because Anahita didn't often answer her phone past midnight.

Or at all.

She introduced him to both of the drivers at Alpine, childhood best friends who were very good friends to Anahita, so she knew that Oscar would be safe in their hands.

Esteban Ocon had been over the moon when the Heydari girl signed for Mclaren and joined Formula One in two thousand and twenty, having been friends with her for a few years before that, and if she introduced somebody to him, he was of course going to be very friendly with them.

The other Alpine driver, was Anahita's team mate from Formula Two, Anthoine Hubert. He was her best friend, without a doubt and if she introduced him to somebody, they would become his friend too, that was how their friendship worked.

They lived together, they ate together, they hung out together, they arrived at races together, they were practically attached at the hip and everybody knew that if you wanted one of them, that you would get the both of them, whether you wanted that or not.

"Had a nice nap, O?" Anahita shot the Australian boy a smile as she noticed how he had started to stretch his body out after his nap.

"Much needed." Oscar nodded his head up and down, his brown hair moving around slightly as he did so. His lips twitched up slightly as he noticed his teammates smile which was aimed towards him, which then became a soft smile.

"I've got you a Rooibos tea, we've got a briefing soon." Anahita handed the boy the reusable cup which was filled with one of her favorite teas, seeing him cautiously take it from her grasp.

"Is that the South African drink that you are always drinking?"

"Yes, I'm glad that you remember." Her face lit up. "Hopefully you love it just as much as me."