a rainy day

takes place before the first movie!!

~~~

branch was in his bunker, minding his own business until a familiar knock was heard on the roof of his bunker. he went up the elevator, and opened the flap which only let his eyes be seen.

he saw poppy. of course, poppy. why wasn't she at the party? he stared at her in confusion, only to realize she was being pelted head to toe in the rain.

"what do you want?" he asked her.

"it's raining really heavily.. could i maybee stay here with you? my pod's filled with trolls already.." poppy asks, pushing a strand of her soaked bangs behind her ear.

branch looks her up and down, before sighing. "ugh, fine... i guess," he grumbles, before opening the door of the bunker.

she steps inside, and suddenly all the sounds were blocked. the sound of the thunder rumbling had dimmed down, but still slightly audible. branch pushed down on the lever and the elevator went down. as they went down, poppy looked around at how everything was neatly organized and so perfectly spaced out. big jars of sweat (ew..), weapons, tools, rations, everything had its own designated area. once they get down, poppy examined everything, then abruptly began to shake herself dry. branch's eyes went wide, as he quickly rushed to stop her.

"hold on, stop shaking. i'll go grab a towel, just don't get water all over the place." he snaps. poppy looked around, and realized there was water surrounding her.

"oh, sorry.." she says, stopping. branch walks over to his closet, and grabs a towel.

"good," he says. "don't make a mess of anything in here."

"okay, thanks.." she says, eagerly taking the towel and drying her wet, wavy, thick hair.

branch leans on the wall, watching her. he didn't realize how wet she actually was. he shrugs, and looks away from her. "so.."

"it's so cozy in here! awh, i love it! no wonder you never come out!" she says, looking around.

"well, it is my hiding place. it sorta has to be cozy." he replies, trying to stay churlish. "and, yeah, it is great. nice being away from all that noise and singing. who needs to party when you have a nice, quiet bunker that you designed and organized all by yourself?"

poppy blinks, "wellll i didn't say that.. i love parties! so so much, but this is really cute too!"

"cute is one way to describe an emergency bunker," he grunts. "but it is effective, when it comes to hiding from the, you know.. bergens." he says, in a menacing tone.

poppy rolls her eyes. "please don't tell me you're still worried about them.." she crosses her arms. branch grimaces,

"you think i shouldn't be worried about the bergens? haven't you ever considered what they would do to you when they finally find us? you can hide and hide and hide..." branch shakes his head and looks her dead in the eyes. "but they will find us."

poppy stares at him, weirded out. "ookay... crazy.." she softly laughs. "orrr, we could not worry about them and live our lives!" branch rolls his eyes.

"right, right. just keep living your life, totally uncaring for the fact that one day, one of those bergens could just... eat you."

poppy raises an eyebrow and scrunches her nose. "yeah, okay- well anwayy, im bored! do u have any games??"

"games? in a survival bunker? are you nuts?? who has games just lyin' around for when they get bored?" he asks, looking bewildered. poppy shrugs.

"well, i do! doesn't everybody?" she asks, him.