Ride or die- angst/sad, Daikichi Karube

Genre: Angst

Karube and you thought that you would be able to survive this hell by being together through every game, but it only made things worse. So now here you stand with Arisu, Chota, and the love of your life Karube, as you were now in the game of 7 of hearts, also known as "Hide and Seek", and things were going to go bad very quickly.

The game started and it said that you were the wolf, but you didn't even want to be. Whenever someone locked eyes with the wolf, it would then change to the next person who looked at the previous wolf, and of course you had to look at Karube when the game started, making him immediately the wolf.

Karube grabbed your hand and started to run into the garden, leaving Arisu and Chota by themselves. "Wait! Karube! Y/n!" Arisu yelled, running after you.

Karube kept running until he found an area behind bushes and he crouched down before looking at you, having it make you the wolf. "Y/n, I need you to listen to me, I need you to live for me, okay?"

You shook your head in response and looked back at him, having it make him the wolf again, "Karube...If only 1 of us is going to live. It should be you, not me."

"Karube! Y/n!" You heard Chota yell through the headsets. "C'mon guys we can figure this out!"

Karube let out a sigh before pecking your lips, "I got this." He said to you before getting up and running to Arisu and Chota.

You stayed hidden in the spot behind the bushes, shaking a bit due to the amount of anxiety and adrenaline pumping through your body at an alarming pace.

"Arisu! Chota!" Karube yelled as he ran, trying to find the other two.

The two boys stayed hidden while next to each other, ultimately deciding that it should be Karube who lives instead of them. "Karube..." Chota said quietly.

"Chota! Where are you?!" Karube yelled, still running trying to find his best friends.

"Karube, we need you to live on for us. Please." Arisu spoke.

"What?! Hell no! Where are you guys?!" Karube argued, continuing to blindly run throughout the large garden.

"2 MINUTES REMAINING."

"Arisu! Chota! We can figure this out!" Karube yelled as he stopped running, panting. "Y/n?!"

You moved from where you originally were sitting where Karube had left you to stay, and you were sitting on one of the rails that blocked off the dead flowers and plants around you. You stayed silent, knowing if Karube couldn't find Arisu or Chota, it meant they didn't want to be found, and that would mean that Karube would win the game and survive. Your eyes started to tear up as you looked at the phone in your hands, "1 MINUTE REMAINING."

"Y/n! Where are you?!" Karube yelled as he started to sprint back to where he last saw you.

You looked at the ground as all of the memories came rushing back to you in your last seconds of living. From when Karube first met you and you thought he was just an annoying jerk but grew to love him the more you were together. To when he said that he would marry you when you both got out of this hell. Tears started to leave your eyes as you heard Karube yelling for you, and you knew you shouldn't do anything.

Karube's eyes widened when he didn't see you where he left you, and he continued to run to try and find you, "Y/n!"

"30 SECONDS REMAINING."

You heard Karube's feet running closer and closer to you and you looked in the direction that you heard them, "Karube...I love you so much. Please just...just survive and escape from this place."

"Y/n!"

"10 SECONDS REMAINING."

Karube kept running where he heard your voice, panting loudly as he did so, but still pushing himself to run as fast as he could.

"5 SECONDS REMAINING"

"Y/n!" Karube yelled when he finally saw you, but you were looking away from him.

"3, 2, 1"

The seconds finally passed and you took one last shaky breath before the collar around your neck exploded, and your heart stopped immediately, and with your eyes stuck open, your limp body dropped down to the floor right in front of Karube.

"NO!" Karube screamed, the blood spraying onto his face as he heard the two other explosions and he dropped down to his knees, eyes wide in shock as he stared at your deceased body. The collar around his neck came off and he let out a cry.

Karube moved closer to your body and grabbed onto you, pulling you up against him and hugging you as tears flowed out of his eyes. He reached into his pocket and took out a small ring box, sniffling as he opened it, revealing matching engagement rings. He took a shaky breath before putting the ring on your left hands ring finger, lifting up your hand and kissing it, "I love you so much." He cried.

He took out the second ring and put it on his own left hands ring finger as he stared at it for a few seconds before looking up and screaming out in a mix of sadness and anger.

After that, Karube knew he was going to have to survive, for his best friends, and for the love of his life. He kept the engagement ring on forever after that, not ever being able to push past your death. He would cry every night when he would try to sleep, never forgetting the sight of seeing you die right before his eyes. He would never be able to get over the loss of his best friends and whom he thought would be his forever love, it would torture him every second he thought about it, or even look at the ring. And he was going to go through so much more pain, but this was the one that was always going to hurt the most.

Author on tumblr