2-The First Hot Call

When we got to the scene it was at an apartment. We knew that one shot had been fired and there was a possible hostage. The neighbor heard a fight and called 911. Then Ed got the floor plans and told us the plan. The floor plan had one window and one door. We spilt up Ed, Sam and Wordy had the front. Then Spike and I were at the Exit, it was easy to tell that he had a problem being with me. The team went in and no one was in the apartment. We then found out that it was a kidnapping. Spike went to the truck. Jules and I were interviewing the neighbors, who had a dog that did not like me. Then Ed, Sam, and Wordy read the scene. After finding out what happened and also the type of car that was seen. We found a possible kidnapper, but we had the wrong guy. But we did get told who the real kidnapper was. We soon found out that the kidnapper was named Dale. He had kidnap Zoe because she looks like his daughter that had gone missing years ago. We talk to his wife and found out that Dale had a trailer in the woods. We soon found them and followed them. They only problem was Dale and Zoe were close to the cliff. Jules was the negotiator, they contended with death a close friend or family. It was hard hearing about what they had gone through. What the whole team went through. Soon after everyone was safe, I could understand why they had a problem with me coming in.

As I was leaving, I thought about the team you could tell that they are still not that happy that I was there but that was understandable. I hope that they would know that I was not trying to replace Lou, I am trying to make my own place on the team. As I walk out of the locker room, I saw Holleran and he asks, "Boyle, can you please come to my office with me before you leave. I need to ask you about something. I replied, "Yes, Sir." I knew that he wanted to know what I thought about the team. When we got into his office, he closed the door and then we both sat down and ask, "What do you think about the team?" I replied, "As a new teammate or as a psychologist?" Holleran then replied, "Both." I told him, "Parker knows that I am here because they were a man down. But you tell that is worried about everyone. Both in the loss of Young, but also, he worried that he might lose another team member. He is also trying to figure out how I am going to fix it with the team. Ed is trying to get the job done without anyone getting hurt. He is watching everyone around him, making sure that no one around him will get hurt. Julies is not ready for Young to get replaced as is the whole team. She does care about the people around her, she is more open to a new team member, most like because I am another woman, but she also has a problem with that. Sam, he is angry. He is mad about Young but also there is something else. Wordy is good at his job. He also cares about the team, knows that things are going to change. Spike is having a hard time. But you can understand that he is having a hard time, he lost his best friend. It is just going to take some time. But he is going to be okay." Holleran then replied, "Thank you, that will be all for now." As I walk out of his office Parker saw me and ask, "Is everything okay?" "Yes, Sir," I said then walking out of the station and to my car.

I was walking out to my car after then I heard someone yell, "Ryan." I turned around and saw that it was Spike then he started said, "Ryan, I want to apologize for my attitude today. It was just Lou was my best friend. I also did not expect that you would get put with me today. And the team wanted you to know that we all trust you and know that you understand what you are doing. It is just that we all lost Lou. We all watched him..." I could tell that Spike was having a hard time talking about Lou death. I stopped Spike and told him, "I understand what you are going through. My best friend was also on my team. One mission, things went sideways. We fell back got in the boat then left. One moment, we were next to each other, make fun of what was happening. The next, we were back on the boat. I turn my head to talk to him and he was gone." I then put my stuff in the back of the car and look at Spike and then said, "If you need someone to talk to, I am here, and I do understand." Spike then looks at me and said, "Thank you." As Spike walk away, I yelled at him and then he turned around. I then said, "Hey Spike, I do forgive you and thank you." He smiles and then walked to his car.

When I got home, I got some dinner and got out my laptop and started the profiles. I could not believe that I what doing this, I was trying to find my places on this team, but I was also destroying all the trust that they had in me. It is getting late, so, I started getting ready bed knowing the tomorrow was going to be a long day. When we got to the scene it was at an apartment.