Mom ushered the human scientists out, while Jake played with the braid of hair attached to his head. She gave him a quick warning not to play with it or he'll go blind.

I laughed from my bed which was next to Jake's.

Seeing as at the very end, was little moving, nervous system pieces called a queue. Jake settled into his bed, along with me and we closed our eyes, quickly returning to our human bodies.

I got out of my pod and went to Jake's pod.

Jake sighed disappointed, realizing he was back again with his old legs that he couldn't move.

"Welcome back." Max greeted him and Jake sighed loudly. "You okay, you all right?"

"Yeah, I'm okay." Jake said clearly disappointed as he maneuvered himself into his wheelchair.

I hugged him and he hugged back, I knew he was enjoying walking again. "You'll get to walk normally again Jake. One day." I whispered and he nodded. 

Over the course of the next week, it was just a lot of training and getting used to our Avatar body, but Jake and I quickly proved that we were fast learners. Much better than everyone expected us too. Jake and I smiled at each other.

 *3rd POV*

Meanwhile in the forest of Pandora Neytiri and Tsu'tey were exploring the forest as best friends, Neytiri was betrothed to a Na'vi named Ryan and Tsu'tey was betrothed to a Na'vi named Skylar. And they did not like the idea, they wanted to be mates with each other, but they also wanted something more.

(Back with Jake)

"I'm Trudy." Trudy introduced herself to Jake as they walked around the plane hanger. "I fly all the science sorties. And this here is my baby." She patted the helicopter on the tip. "Hold on a second. Hey, Wainfleet! Get it done! We bounce at zero-nine." Trudy demanded.

Lyle loaded a large gun onto on the doorways and Trudy climbed up the side of the copter.

"Yeah. I'm on it, capitaine!"

"Vine strike's still loose." Trudy said as she sighed to one of the mechanics, hopping downward again.

"You guys are packing some heavy gear." Jake pointed out as he rolled along beside her.

"Watch it!" Trudy yelled as someone with an electric cart almost knocked into her and Jake. "Yeah, that's 'cause we're not the only thing flying around out there. Or the biggest. I'm gonna need you on a door gun. I'm a man short." Trudy explained.

"I'd thought you'd never ask." Jake joked smiling.

"There's your man." Trudy pointed out the Colonel. "See you on the flight line." They fist bumped and Trudy headed back towards her helicopter. 

Jake rolled over to Colonel. "You wanted to see me, Colonel?"

"This low gravity'll make you soft. You get soft." He placed the bar back on its pegs and sat up, looking at Jake in the eyes. "Pandora will shit you out dead with zero warning. I pulled your record, Corporeal. Venezuela, that was some mean bush. Nothing like this here, though. You got some heart, kid, showing up on this neighborhood."

"Figured it's just another hell hole." Jake replied with a shrug.

"I was first recon myself." Quaritch explained, sitting up fully from the bench press, walking beside Jake. "A few years ahead of you. Well, maybe more than a few. Three ours Nigeria, not a scratch. I come out here? Day one." He pointed to the three scar lines on the side of his face.

"Think I felt like a shavetail Louie? Oh, they could fix me up, if I rotated back. Yeah, and make me pretty again." He climbed up a prepared Ampsuit, getting into the cockpit. "But you know what? I kind of like it. It reminds me everyday what's waiting out there. The Avatar Program is a bad joke. Bunch of limp dick science majors. However, it does present an opportunity both timely and unique. Clear!"

Jake was lifted in his wheelchair onto an elevator platform, allowing him to get up towards the head of the Ampsuit, where the Colonel sat. He powered up the suit with the keys and started to buckle in. 

"A recon gyrene in an Avatar Body. that's a potent mix. give me the goosebumps." Colonel Quaritch chuckled. "Such a Marine could provide the intel I need, right on the ground. Right in the hostiles camp. Look, Sully. I want you to learn these savages from the inside. I want you to gain their trust. I need to know how to force their cooperation or hammer them hard if they won't." He gave him a look and Jake looked back at him.

"Am I still with Augustine?" He asked, not showing his uneasiness of this task.

"On paper." Quaritch replied quickly. "Yeah, you walk like one of her science pukes, you quack like one, but you report to me. Can you do that for me, son?"

"Hell yeah, sir." Jake nodded.

"Well, all right then." He nodded and smiled back at Jake. Quaritch clicked a button on his gloved hand giving him control of the arms to the Ampsuit. He took a couple practice punches and looked back over at Jake. "Son, I take care of my own. You get me what I need, I'll see to it that you get your legs back when you rotate home. Your real legs."

"That sounds real good, sir." Jake said nodding approvingly at the deal he had just committed too. 

*My POV*

Jake made his way back to the Link room at the appropriate time, ready for their first exploratory mission. Mom walked over to Jake's pod as he got himself into it and leaned over him.

"Just keep your mouth shut and let Norm do the talking."

Jake bit his tongue and the link commenced.

Jake, Norm, Mom and I were in our Avatar bodies climbed aboard Trudy's helicopter and began our journey.

We crossed large mountains and large lakes, giving Jake and I our first experience with some of the flying creatures on Pandora, known as Banshees.

I was amazed, I was still in the Na'vi clothing. I didn't notice Jake admiring me.

Jake manned the side gun, with Norm locked in behind him, both marveling at the sites before us. Deep into the forests we all traveled.

 *3rd POV*

Neytiri and Tsu'tey were about to go hunting when, then suddenly Skylar and Ryan came over to them. They were angry. "You two are not going hunting!"

"Yes we are!" Neytiri spat.

"Yes, we will not be locked up here any longer!" Tsu'tey said as him and Neytiri left, they were tired of being bossed around Skylar and Ryan.

*My POV*

The helicopter flew to where Mom's old school had been made and we made our landing. Mom knew it was a futile effort coming here and hoping the Na'vi would show themselves to her one again. But she had to try. Jake leapt off the side of the helicopter and helped me down. Jake had his gun raised as he pointed it around the sky. Mom, Norm and Lyle, the only human security guard hopped out of the helicopter.

"Shut it down." Mom mentioned through the front windshield to Trudy. "We're gonna stay a while."

Trudy nodded and complied quickly, shutting down the helicopter.

"Norm!" Mom yelled over the slowly roar of the helicopter wings. "Your pack!" She reminded him.

"Oh! Pack!" He ran back to grab it.

Jake and I looked around happily. "It's just as beautiful as I remember." I said softly.

I felt the presence of Ewya again and smiled. 'Great Mother.' I prayed in my mind.

'Even if you are one of the Sky People, you have already chosen what side you are on. You are one of my children now, you are a Na'vi.' I heard her say to me. I smiled wide.

"Stay with the ship." Mom motioned to Lyle as Jake started to venture off with me. "One idiot with a gun is enough."

"You the man, Doc." Lyle agreed and stayed with the ship.