CHAPTER - 2 ATLEAST NOT WITH MY PERMISSION!!

Start from the beginning

Arav waited until they all had dinner and stopped Abhimanyu, who was yet to spare him a glance. 

"Mujhe aapse baat karni hai bhaiyya." Abhimanyu closed his eyes when heard those words. He tried in every possible way to make the boy understand that his answer won't change no matter the reasons and circumstances. But the boy somehow didn't take the clues. He was trying really hard not to lash out and end this in gentlest way possible. But if they had any conversation now, it would turn into a disaster and he knew that. A - he is exhausted and B - His patience is very very very thin, almost non existing! 

He looked at the boy. All he could see was determination and that agitated him even further. "Kal baat kart..."

Arav cut him before Abhimanyu could explain him that he is tired. There would have been chances of Arav backing off for the night if Abhimanyu said that but universe had some other plans "Mujhe abhi baat karni hai bhaiyya. 2 din.. 2 DIN hogaye hai, aapne meri taraf teek se dekha bhi nahi. This can't go on like this, bhaiyya. Kyu kar rahe ho aap aisa?"

Ajay, Anya and Akshara who were also present understood what Arav was telling but they didn't know what actually happened. They tried but both Arav and Abhimanyu were tight lipped about it. Anya understood Arav's feelings but this was not the time to talk about it. Their bhaiyya was really tired to have this discussion especially if Arav wanted something in his favour. She gently pulled back Arav "Aru.. Kal bhi baat kar sakte hai na? Bhaiyya bahut.."

Arav didn't let her finish "Mujhe abhi baat karni hai Di."

He looked at his bhaiyya and spoke with conviction "We will finish it today, bhaiyya. I have had enough of your silence and ignorance. Honestly, you are being unreasonable!" His voice raised without his knowledge as his desperation and annoyance towards the whole thing poured out. 

Arav's tone didn't sit well with anyone but they stayed silent as they didn't have any other option. The whole suspense about what Arav wanted is getting onto their nerves.

Abhimanyu looked at his child "Which part of "NO" did you not understand Arav? You asked me my permission and I said NO, did I not? It ends there. There is nothing to talk about it."

Arav looked at his bhaiyya "Are you serious bhaiyya? Aapne suna bhi nahi ki mai aisa kyu karna chahta hu! Vo bhi chodo.. aap ye bhi nahi bata rahe ho ki aap mana kyu kar rahe ho!! Stop behaving like this bhaiyya!!"

Abhimanyu leaned forward and looked at Arav "Bol kya bolna hai. Sun raha hu mai. But my answer stays the same! You are NOT going out of Mumbai for an internship. That is NOT happening. Not in this life time and atleast not with MY permission!" He snapped, finally. 

Ajay, Anya and Akshara looked at the duo in shock. Their eyebrows raised. So, This was the matter. Anya and Ajay exchanged glances. Both of them knew that their bhaiyya would never agree to it. 

Akshara didn't find any problem with Arav doing an internship at the place he wished. And the way her husband insinuated that Arav is free to do it, but it would not have his permission.. didn't sit well with her. 

Arav's eyes filled up when he understood what his bhaiyya meant. He tried to shake off the sadness when his bhabhi spoke "Abhi, uski baat tho sun..."

She was unceremoniously cut off by Abhimanyu, who by now ran out of his patience "Don't.take.his.side, Akshara. Don't do that.

Akshara looked at him taken aback by the finality in his tone. 

Abhimanyu looked at Anya and Ajay "Don't you both dare take his side in this. He is not going anywhere. Agar ho sake tho samjhado use." He looked back at Arav who was looking at him with teary eyes "I don't want any discussion on this Arav! You are not stepping out of my sight and get this into your thick skull." He got up to walk away. His head is ready to burst. 

"You wanted me to prove that I can be responsible and when I found a way, you are not even ready to listen to it, bhaiyya. Why are you being so unreasonable??" He almost yelled and Abhimanyu turned back. Arav got up as well and walked to Abhimanyu. Somehow, the declaration and conviction in his bhaiyya's voice forced him to rebel. 

"I wanted you to prove that you can be responsible Arav. I didn't ask you to step out of your safety place to prove that you can be careful!!" Abhimanyu countered, his voice sharp cutting through the glass.

"Agar mai yaha rahunga tho kabhi prove nahi kar paunga bhaiyya. I will always..."

Abhimanyu cut him off "Is this what all it is about? You are scared that you will always remain grounded? Your punishment ends today, then. Go, sleep.

Abhimanyu turned away but Arav rushed to stand in front of him cutting his way "Ho kya gaya hai aapko? Kaisi baate kar rahe ho aap? I was saying.. That I will always remain the pampered child if I stay here and do the internship in our own company. Mumbai will always give me undue attention because of the media and tabloids having access to me. I just want to see if I can work in peace without compromising on safety, bhaiyya. This is why I chose Udaipur and Singhania Industries. Bhai honge na vaha pe mere sath. I didn't even choose a place in Antarctica ki aap aise kar rahe ho!"

Arav told and waited for his bhaiyya's answer who just looked at him with a blank gaze. After few seconds of silence, Abhimanyu spoke "Hogaya? You told what you wanted to tell?"

Arav nodded confused.

"My answer is still the same. NO! Not in this life time and atleast not with MY permission." Abhimanyu announced and walked away leaving a shocked Arav behind. 

"Abhi.." Akshara wanted to put some sense into her husband but Anya pulled her back. She looked at Anya and Ajay who shook their heads "Bhaiyya nahi maanenge Bhabhi." Ajay told to her.

Arav who heard that walked away to his room and slammed the door, the sound reverberating in the mansion. 

Akshara sighed and looked at Ajay "Why is he doing this, Aju?"

"Bhaiyya humare sath bhi aise hi the, bhabhi." Ajay gently answered and Akshara didn't understand how to take it.

Anya explained "He has lost too much, bhabhi. He loves too much and He cares beyond limit. We never stayed away from each other for more than 2 weeks. Bhaiyya's day doesn't even start without wishing a good morning to us and hugging us to his heart. Vo nahi reh payenge. Aur na hi Aru reh payega. He is just thinking and giving some stupid reasons.. Lekin hum sab jaante hai vo ek din nahi reh payega bhaiyya se door. 2 Mahine ka internship.. Bahut door ki baat hai." 

Akshara nodded "Jake so jao tum dono" She said monotonously and made her way to her husband. She understood what Anya said and she agrees as well but she can't have her husband dwelling in the past and let those dears dictating his and his child's future. 

Arav leaned back against the head board of the bed, upset. What stung more than the outright refusal was his bhaiyya assuming that he would go without his permission. How did he even think that his child would disrespect him that way! He is confused about why his bhaiyya is being stubborn about this. He is angry at the way things turned out. But more than everything, he is hurt. He is hurt that his bhaiyya who always tries to convince him or make him see the reason, walked away laying the law. Almost as if, that his bhaiyya thought there is not other way he would agree to it. And that hurt him more than anything!!

Anya retired to her room while Ajay made his way to Arav's. Their bhaiyya reacted the same way when it came to them also. It was Ajay's choice be there for Abhimanyu while Anya understood without Abhimanyu putting words to his feelings because of how similar they are. However they didn't have a blown up argument like this. 

How do you think this would end??

With whom are you? Abhimanyu or Arav?? 

Will Akshara be able to make Abhimanyu change his decision?

Next one after 150 comments!!

LOTS OF LOVE!!
SATHVIKA!!