9. I Got Dumbed Today

Start from the beginning

'Do I need to place more blankets on the floor?'

'Is the light from the kitchen enough? If too many lights, he might not be able to sleep.'

Gawin stood looking at Krist for a few minutes, thoughts again running through his head. He tried not to look long at the guy with mochi cheeks, then returned to the bedroom while telling himself that everything was fine.

Gawin thinks that he got a huge problem.

He cares too much about Krist.

Krist, a 5.7-foot man, is afraid of the cold, always sincere and so adorable.

Since then till now, in his 26 years of living in this planet, Gawin has never had any unusual feelings towards men, his friends and all the people he knows are all like him.

Straight...

Krist is unique, he seemed to bring surprises into his life that Gawin did not expect.

Gawin closed the door of his bedroom gently, sitting quietly on his bed for a long time. He was so confused that he needed someone to talk to, to consult, to clarify. He called Podd despite the clock pointing to two in the morning.

...

When Gawin woke up the next morning, Krist was no longer on the sofa. He almost thought last night was a just dream if he didn't see the breakfast the other put on the table, the sandwiches was soft and the milk was warm, perhaps Krist had just left. That guy was heartbroken yesterday, but this morning he managed to wake up early to make a breakfast for Gawin.

The taller man picked up his phone and texted Krist a 'thank you.' His fingers didn't want to leave the keyboard, typing some meaningless words then deleting and typing again. It wasn't until Krist replied with a smiley emoji that made Gawin stop that silly act.

Krist invited him to go out for a drink sometime.

His 'sometime' lasted till two weeks later, so long that Gawin thought Krist might already forget about it. But then he suddenly appeared at the taller guy's house. He wore a light purple hoodie, wisps of silver hair peaking out from under a backwards cap. Gawin shifted his look to Krist's earring because it really stood out, the long cross chain earring almost touched his plump cheeks. His smile, the way Krist smiled up at Gawin was as bright as the first days they met.

"Gawin! Let's have some fun!"

"Where did you go with this skateboard?"

Gawin pointed at the colorful skateboard that Krist was holding in his arm. His hand quickly opened the door for Krist before the smaller guy could answer. Krist held up two large bags of beer and snacks with his other hand. He placed them on the kitchen table and carefully took them out one by one. Krist bought a lot of things that could feed three or even four people.

Gawin felt like today would also be a long day for him in the kitchen.

"And this is the dessert of the day, Gawin!" Krist said, his voice was exciting, while showing the other a box of chocolate marshmallow cakes.

"You can't eat too many of them, Krist. It's not good for your teeth." Gawin immediately spoke while busy arranging ingredients on the table to prepare some dishes for the dinner.

Krist was about to beg Gawin about letting him eat more than a marshmallow cake, the doorbell rang. Gawin came out to open the door with Krist, holding the marshmallow cake box, followed behind. Gawin swore that he wanted to slam the door as soon as he saw the signature smile of Podd. 

Not today, not with Krist in his house, not at the dinner time like this.

But, of course, he couldn't do anything but calmly open the door for his 6-foot friend whose eyes could see through everything. Podd was a bit surprised to see a strange man in Gawin's house. He politely greeted Krist and then quickly turned his gaze towards his dentist friend.