Mimicking (F R A U D)

[WARNING! THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING: Blood and gore, swearing, slightly grotesque descriptions]
[YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED]

I snapped my neck towards the floor. I laid on the ceiling, after all, it was easier that way. I wanted to see if anyone was coming (read: Stan) because a certain dumbass (read again: Stan) decided to eat my leftovers. The pure manifestation of annoyance has caused my body to melt, shedding skin off of where my eyes might be to grow red pupils identical to my friend's, and my body morphs to become wider, no longer displaying my ribs. I looked like deranged Stan. I cracked my neck a bit more and crawled around, then began getting myself to the floor. The original man himself stopped and made a small 'bleghhh' sound, before shaking his head.

"You know that doesn't work on me, Fraud. I'm smarter than that."

"Shocker," I muttered, reverting myself to my default form. Stan shivered in disgust, not that anyone blamed him.

"You need to realize that we know you're not us."

Oh, really? You think anyone could tell? I wondered if Alice would notice if I became Ralph, or if Hurdle knew it would be me if I pretended to be James.

Actually, no. I'd never, and I mean NEVER pretend to be James. He does enough pretending on his own. I could be bubbly and sweet like Alice, curious and ignorant like Stan, daring and bratty like Ralph- but I'll never be James. His facade is far too boring. Perfect this, work for 16 hours straight that, loathe himself here, declare he's more hardworking than anyone else there. He's too boring. It takes a facade haver to know a facade haver, and his mask isn't as thick as he wants it to be.

I shake the thoughts from my head quietly.

"Wanna test that out?" I smirk, turning into a human.

Ralph walked by, and stared for a bit before he pulled his machete out. "Humans, this early? Getting the first kill of the day is gonna be a fucking brag point-"

I shifted back, waving like an NPC. "Yoo hoo!"

"Don't ever say that again, that sounds dumb." Ralph walked away.

I couldn't really blame him, 'yoohoo' was a pretty dumb thing to say, but it's not like I can take it back. I crawl on the walls, allowing myself to sleep before the first human walks in for the day.