POST-UHF oneshot 🩷

October 27th, 1989. You were on your way driving on a road trip all the way to Los Angeles, but suddenly, you hear a big BOOM!! The sound startles you and almost makes you crash, but you go on the side of the road to see what happened. The roof of your engine exploded on the road, and your vehicle is permanently broken. You try to turn it on again, but more sparks fly out of the busted car. It was a 1966 Belvedere, with the red upholstery and everything. Sure, it was..well, old, but it got the job done. Luckily, you were only 1 hour away from your house, but it was still a bummer that your car broke down.

You weep in anger because of your now damaged car. And on top of all that, you're alone! You look around and try not to lose hope. Thankfully, you see a building. Theres a big sign on the top that reads the word "CHANNEL 62" in big letters. Theres also a tall red electricity tower, and a satelite dish, so its probably a tv station. The building looks sketchy, but you walk on over to the entrance and open the door.

Theres a lady behind the counter typing fastly on the computer, while answering numerous phone calls at the same time. The little tag on her desk reads, "PAMELA FINKLESTEIN - SECRETARY" "Hi! uh, who exactly are you?" Pamela asks. "Uh..hello, my car broke down near here and was wondering if I could call someone up here? I know your a broadcasting tv station thing because of the..satelite- but it would be very helpful if i could use your phone and call a tow truck..its been a long day, yknow?" You shyly respond. "The managers office is down the hall to your left. His name is George Newman, you could pull a few strings and talk him into it. He's a pretty sweet guy, I think he'll allow it." Pamela responds. "Thank you!" You say. She gives you a thumbs up, indicating that shes a bit busy right now, but appreciates the sincerity.

You follow the directions that the secretary gave you; down the hall to your left, but while you head over to Georges office, something catches your eye. You look to the right, and theres a huge set with props and everything. On one side theres a make up booth, theres spotlights on the ceiling, a camera set, everything that a tv station has, but it has a certain type of feeling.. Youve been here for only 10 minutes, but you feel cozy and at home. You quickly peek to see what they're broadcasting; it's a show. The sign reads "STANLEY SPADOWSKIS CLUBHOUSE". It must be a kids show! You peek over more to see what they're doing, and gaze at the wonderful set it takes place in.

You arrive at his office, and knock at the door. "COME IN!!" A nerdy voice yells out. You carefully open his door, and see George Newman, in all of his glory. He's in a suit today, with his desk full of paperworks and such. Not very organized, but still a lot. He looks pretty tired and miserable, with his aroma filling the room. Almost like cheese, but warmer. Its like he hasnt left his office in weeks. "..Who are you? Are you another one of those folks at channel 9!?" George exclaims. He has a certain blush to his face as he speaks to you, but it might be because of the humidity. "Pamela sent me here. See, my car broke down on the way to Los Angeles, and im alone. Could i use your phone to call a tow truck?" You ask him. George gets a bit caught off-guard with your statement. "Sure you could. It's on the wall." George smiles and replies.

You walk over to the phone and dial the tow companys number. The phone rings for a bit  before a voicemail speaks. "Hey, this is Bernie from The tow; where we tow where you wanna go. im on a vacation to Juneau for a month for personal reasons, so im not taking any tows." You sigh and hang up the phone. "I guess you'll have to stay here for a while.. you could sleep in my office, since your car is busted. I saw it out the window, its a train-wreck out there." George replies. You sit down on the sofa in his office.

"Are you okay? You seem pretty tense." You ask him. "Its just that..ever since that 75 thousand dollar fundraiser to save the station raised its goal with the big party, everything been going down hill.. after we raised the money, people just stopped watching. My girlfriend, Teri..we were supposed to get married after the stations big success, but all this trouble with it being low on views, and the bills i have to pay..she just left. I know im supposed to be the happy, and cheerful guy, but how am I supposed to be positive about my current situation? The station i put all my passion and hard work in is a flop, AND my girlfriend left me. Not to mention my poor pal bob...I regret even bringing him down with me! He's probably  loathing because of what I got him into. From a miserable job hopper, to a cheerful tv station manager sounds awesome, but sometimes it's pretty..tough. Don't even get me started on Stanley..I just feel so bad for doing this." George vents to you. After hearing all that, you feel very sympathetic for George.