beginnings

Reader's pov: Why was I even here? I took another swig of my pint and glanced under my hood at the many men that littered the pub. "Lovely hood you have there" the coded words were spoken in a silky voice "well you can get one just like it if you look hard enough" I replied carefully making sure I said all the right words. The person sat down at my table I didn't see their face as I didn't want them to spy at my own. "So your the one who was looking for this?" he hushed his voice and grabbed some cloth from his pocket and lifted a tad so I could glance apon a piece of clear green gem. "Of course, let's get this deal done and over with" I sighed I dug in my pocket and passed him the money I promised, I was about to take the gems when he spoke "Be careful lass they can be deadly" I was shocked he was able to tell I was a girl I had even used a cloaking spell aswell as my cloak, I looked up curious to see his face, firey red hair green eyes. "After all witchs are rare these days, I don't want one of my own dieing for no good reason" he whispered before leaving. Quickly shoving the gems in my pocket I took another swig. He must have been a wizard I should have seen it from the beginning; the whole exchange was stressing me out and lowering my gaurd.

Nobody use to believe in witches but now they burn us and innocences at the stake without even a sherd of mercy or remorse. Tighting my clutched hands anger formed in the pit of my stomach I stood up chucked some change on my table to pay for my half drunk pint and left. Dipping into a nearby desserted alleyway I distinguished my cloaking truning back to my normal form. Taking one deep breath I carried on walking to my home, I reached the looming building and made my way up the uneven stairs. Pulling out my key I unlocked my door and entered my pitch black apartment. It only consisted of 2 rooms one being my bedroom /living space/kitchen and the other being my bathroom. It was all I could afford with my jobs pay and I wasn't allowed to use magic therfore this is what I hade to deal with for now. Some say to me it would be better if I moved out to the country side as I could get a whole house for what I'm paying for my apartment but considering that's were most of the burnings are I'd rather live here in the city then in a nice house.

Lazily sloching on my bed I relaxed. One more day of life. Sometimes I wish I was a boy as wizards got alot less attention because of the patriarchal society. They only believe women can bear such 'evil' as magic.
That bloke was the first magic user I've seen in months the last one I saw was one that was being burnt to the stake, poor, poor girl... I thought I was the only one left in this city guess I'm misken although he might be a traveller.

Remembering I pulled the clothed gems from my pocket. In wonder and curiosity I pulled out all 4 gems and laid them out in a line on my bed. All beamed the colour of their natures, green for earth, blue for water, white for pure, black for dark. I collected them up in my hands and stepped off my bed and kneeled by my bed and pulled out my wooden carved box. "Acclerica nicred" I uttered and the box unlocked I opened it up and looked apon my pervious collection. Yellow for light, red for fire and gray for wind. I placed the new four in the box smiling, it was risky getting four at once but it was worth it I only need 2 more. Purple,chaos and orange, well nobody really nows oranges true element because it's so rare nobody has had enough time to record or test it properly yet.