𝘅𝗶𝗶: the murdered

Start from the beginning

"And you know what else?" Charlotte tilted her head to the side, wrapping her coat tighter around herself, "If you were missing, she would turn up at your house with no questions asked, and no excuses. Whether you were arguing or not."

It was a quality that reminded Charlotte she could separate Olivia from the rest of the Shelbys. Her willingness to help her friends was unmatched within the Shelby family. Yes, the Shelbys did favors for friends but it was not very often they would step out of that jurisdiction and do something for a friend just because they valued the friendship, or wanted to see their friend content or even alive.

It was a quality Charlotte never wanted Olivia to lose, a quality she didn't want stripped from Olivia by Thomas.

"You can't just say that." Eleanora sighed, "Olivia's uncle isn't missing—"

"And I told you we'd go find him, now get your coat on." Charlotte said, sternly. The plan had been laid out and it wasn't as if they were going to neglect the case of Eleanora's missing Uncle.

Even if it wasn't a major loss.

Johnny Faye was a crook, he was a cruel man who always wore the evil glare even on a good day. Even if he had very few of those. He worked in a factory, like most men in Small Heath, with soot on his face, dirtied hands and nails and an air of arrogance that followed him wherever he went. He thought he was someone, someone who had a big impact on people's lives, thought he was special. Johnny Faye was a communist, who took in his brother's wife and children to take advantage of their grief and claim the inheritance as his own, spend it all on booze and then come back home to backhand them.

He was nothing special. Johnny Faye was scum. With an evil, black heart that spread misery and infected the lives of those who lived happily.

He was not a good man.

Charlotte couldn't understand why Eleanora wanted to find him, the world was a safer, happier and better place without him. The sun had even descended upon Small Heath after the official declaration that he was a missing man. Wasn't that a sign?

"Sorry, 'M late, was jus' putting me socks on when Lottie came round and then Grandma had to dry them and whatnot—"

Kian Cormac came speeding round the corner, his boot laces whipping against the wall until he knelt down to tie them up, a green jacket zipped up around his midsection and a green scarf wrapped around his neck.

Eleanora glared at Charlotte, "You invited him?"

Charlotte laughed, patting Kian on the shoulder when he stood up, smiling at Eleanora, "You keep up that act, Nora, and they'll get you an award."

Kian's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He spent many days confused in Small Heath. Mostly, from how the people speak, and how there was a gang that basically controlled the whole place, how he was friends with someone apart of that gang, how he was apart of a gang and how he was searching for a man he'd never met in his life just because he was Eleanora's relative. That last one was incredibly important: firstly, he was doing something for Eleanora just to spend more time with her. And secondly, how the hell was Kian supposed to find this missing Uncle if he didn't have a single clue as to what said Uncle looked like?

"Act—?"

Eleanora pointed a finger at Lottie as she reached behind the door to grab her coat, "Shut your mouth, or I'll throw you in the Cut."