The Unexpected Encounter

The traffic was so crowded that it was congested. All the vehicle's everlasting honkings could be heard all across the city. It has never been that congested for a long time. The main reason for this congestion was the first day of school. The parents trying to carry their children to school caused nothing more than this traffic jam. The situation was awful, especially for most of the students. I am pretty sure not every student dreams of being late to school on the first day. Mainly if you must arrive there earlier to put your belongings in the dormitory.

Ray was one of the students who was trying to arrive at school on time. He had to arrive there as soon as possible to settle down in his room before the first-day ceremony. The school was close to where he was but he couldn't just walk there. The way to the school was full of mud and animal feces cause of its location. It was in the middle of a forested land so he had to wait for a taxi to arrive there.

Ray sighed. He had been waiting for ten minutes and still, there was no taxi around. He looked at his watch nervously. There were only twenty-five minutes left until the start of the ceremony and he couldn't even find a taxi.

"If I happen to get there later than I should, it won't be the best for me..."

His thoughts were slowly, but efficiently eating him up inside. He was nervous because he was aware of how significant his first impression on the academy was. If he was a student in an ordinary high school, it probably wouldn't matter at all; but if you are a student of an academy where the elites and geniuses of the country take their education, then it definitely does matter. They already have high expectations they want students to fulfill so he wouldn't want them to think that he is a flighty person just because he is late on the first day.

Ray took a deep breath and cleared his mind. Overthinking would not help him at the moment so he decided to look for a taxi again. He glanced over the cars to see whether there was a taxi or not.

"Red, black, white, black, blue..." He was looking at the colors of the cars to see if there were any yellow ones.

"Grey, black, red, grey, yello-; wait?! There is a yellow car, it has to be a taxi!"

Ray directly rushed to where the yellow car was. He was so fast that he couldn't balance himself at the point. He looked at the car. It really was a taxi! Ray was relieved. He felt like a huge weight had been lifted off his shoulders. He held his breath and then, he finally got into the taxi.

-

It was dim inside the taxi. As soon as Ray sat on his seat and closed the gateway, he looked at the taxi driver to ask him whether or not he could take him to school.

"Excuse me," Ray said. "Can you take me to the Orwe-"

When he was talking, Ray noticed a silhouette next to him. As he turned his head, he realized that there was another person in the taxi. A brown-haired boy around his age with hazel eyes was sitting right next to him. He was also wearing the same uniform as Ray. The boy slowly waved his hand to Ray with a smiling face.

"Hello there," the boy said. Ray couldn't say anything for a second.

"Was he always there?" he thought. He was surprised because he didn't notice him when he first got into the taxi.

"Maybe I didn't notice him because of how dim the inside of the taxi is,"

"Sorry, I didn't notice someone was already in the taxi," Ray said. He had been so relieved about finding a taxi that he forgot to check if someone was already there.

"It is all good," the boy replied. "We both study at Orwell so why don't we go there together?" He was glancing over Ray's uniform while saying that.

"He looks friendly," Ray thought. "Also I am pleased that we are at the same school. I wouldn't know what to do if I had to leave the taxi and wait for another one,"