Chapter One - Wilbur's perspective

It was late one night, probably around midnight, and I had decided to take a stroll through Las Nevadas. My plan was to run into Quackity, chat for a bit, then get kicked out again. The only issue with my plan? Quackity was nowhere to be seen! Instead of mindlessly wandering the streets, I decided I might as well go somewhere. I mean, it is Las Nevadas after all! Now, to nobody’s surprise, most places were closed. Now, I understand that most would’ve given up and gone home by now. I mean, who wouldn’t have gone home by now? Me. I wouldn’t have gone home by now. In fact, I continued to look for somewhere to go. I was determined to see Quackity.

I had been mindlessly wandering around for about half an hour. “Maybe I should just go home”, I thought, “It’s getting late anyways.” I was just about to get to my van, before I spotted a bar. The one place that was open. Now, I’m not one to drink, but I went to the bar anyway. I stepped inside, looking around. The place was pretty empty, so seeing Quackity would be easy, if he were even there. As I looked, someone else caught my eye. “Is that…..” My eyes widened as I walked over to the man. “Schlatt?!” He instantly looked up, looking drunk as ever. “... you don’t look too good-”, I said.
“No shit Wilbur”, he responded, sounding unnecessarily annoyed.
“Well my fucking bad, asshole.”, I thought to myself. I probably should’ve said that to his face, but I didn’t. “My bad.” I looked away. He just went right back to drinking as if I weren’t still standing there next to him. “God damn bitch. Trying to kill youself with that amount of alcohol? You’re certainly getting there.” Now sure, my thoughts this entire time haven’t been the most positive. Who am I kidding, I haven’t thought one positive thing about this man since I saw him here. However, I am being nice to his face. It takes a lot of work to be nice to Schlatt.

After a while of just silence, he ordered two drinks. I was pretty confused, considering there was one of him but two new drinks. “Are you gonna drink two fucking drinks at once?” I asked, my tone a little ruder than I had meant.
“No dumbass. I ordered one for you.” He responded, passing me a drink.
“Me?” Schlatt wasn’t one to buy something for someone. Let alone buy anything for me. The man hated me with a passion.
“That’s what I said, isn’t it?” His tone was intentionally rude. I was being nice, and this asshole was being… well an asshole!
“Sorry. Just wasn’t expecting you of all people to buy anything for me.” I sat down, sipping the drink.
“What’s that supposed to mean, asshole?”
“It means exactly what I fucking said, bitch.” I thought. Jesus, my thoughts on this guy were all shitty. “It means I wasn’t expecting you to buy me anything. You hate me afterall.”
“Fair enough.” He took a drink. “Well, it’s past midnight and you walked over to me. You also just awkwardly stood next to me for at least five minutes. Thought you might want a drink.”
He wasn’t wrong. I did stand there for quite a while. I decided to just stop asking questions and just drink. What else could I have done? Plus, it’s not like I planned on drinking that much.