To Be With You: 1

1144 words.

Neteyam's POV

   I hated moving. It was one of the many things I hated. Moving from city to city, state to state, country to country. It was awful. But, the worst this was that you are never able to make friends. It was like the moment you talk to somebody and get somewhat close to them, you had to leave. That was the case I was in. Due to my dad being a marine, we had to move constantly. Just a few months ago we were in Hawaii, now we are moving to Brazil. I wish we could just go back to Nigeria where I was born, but no. I used to have friends, not a lot, but the normal amount. But when we moved and I tried making more, it always ended in us leaving again. So, me and all of my siblings were smart enough to know not to get to close to anyone. Our parents said that this will be the last time we move, but that's what they always say. We just arrived to our new home, it was a two story house with a balcony and multiple trees.

   When we walked inside, we were told by our parents that all of our furniture was already put in our rooms and that we would just have to find ours. I grabbed my boxes and walked up the stairs to find my room. Once I did, I walked in and saw that it looked just like my last one. It had one wall painted all black, and another with all of my posters on it, along with my bed by the window. After looking around for a while I started putting my things away, such as my books, clothes, jewelry, meds, and art supplies.

   After about a good hour of getting everything unpacked I started walking around the house seeing if any of my siblings needed help unpacking. First I went to my sister Kiri, seeing that she was already done. Next I went to my brother Lo'ak's room, and saw him asleep on the bed, not even bothering to put anything away. Rolling my eyes I go to check if my youngest sister Tuk needs any assistance. As I walk into her room, I see that she was not in there, but everything was for the most part put away. Sighing, I walk back to my room and grab my AirPods, listening to Chase Atlantic until it was time for dinner. It was about an hour until me and my siblings got called downstairs by my dad.

   Sighing again, I walk downstairs and see my siblings along with my dad sitting down in the couch. I sit down next to Tuk and wait for my dad to start speaking.

   "Kids, I need you all on your best behavior tonight," he started, "we are going to a friends house for dinner. We will be leaving soon so go get ready." And with that we all got up and walked back to our rooms.

   As I closed my door, I grabbed out some baggy khaki cargos with a brown shirt with the eagle from the Mexican flag on a skull, and converses with grey snakes on them. As I walk downstairs I see all of my siblings in similar things as what I am wearing. We all look at each other and crack smiles. Somehow we all dress the same without meaning too.

   When we walk out of the door, I was surprised to see my dad walking to our next door neighbors house. But then I realized that our neighbors were friends of dads. Me and my siblings gave each other knowing looks and continued walking.  When we get to the door of the house I see a huge man walk into the door way with a huge smile on his face. Next to him I can see a women with a small baby bump. And behind them three kids, two boys the same age as me and Lo'ak, and a girl the same age as kiri. The smaller boy with short curly hair looks at me and gives me a shy smile. The taller one with a man bun looks at me with a scowl, and the girl just gives a kind smile and wave.

   "Come in." I here the man say. As we walk in all I can think is 'this is gonna be a fun night'. As we walk in, I see the smaller boy looking at the floor, shifting from foot to foot clearly nervous. The girl was talking to Kiri, who actually seemed a little glad to be talking to someone, but still being a bit cold. I can tell the taller boy was looking at me, but I didn't really care.

   "Kids!" I hear someone yell. We all follow the three teens to the kitchen, seeing our parents setting up dinner. We all sit down at the table, my family on one side and theirs on the other. Our parents were talking about who knows what, and me and my siblings were eating quietly. Everything was going fine until I heard someone say my name.

   "Neteyam was it?" The woman asked. I looked at her skeptically but nodded my head yes.

   "If I may ask, why do you have so many piercings? And tattoos?" I had completely forgotten that I had all of my piercings in and about how people were able to see my tattoos. They weren't bad, I just had a Chinese dragon on my shoulder going down to my forearm, and on the other side of my neck were two snakes intertwined. But my piercings, I had two in my nose, one eyebrow piercing, and both ears completely covered in earrings.

   "I got my tattoos last year, and my piercings I got throughout the years." I told her casually. She nods approvingly and goes back to the conversation with my parents. I see out of the corner of my eye that the smaller boy whisper something into the taller ones ear, then looking back down.

   "He says your tattoos and piercings looks nice." The taller said.

   "Thanks." I said, looking to the smaller one, seeing him look up and give a shy smile before looking down again.

   "How about we learn each other's names! I'm Tsireya." Said the girl.

   "I'm Ao'nung, and this is Rotxo." The taller boy said.

   "Neteyam."

   "Kiri."

   "Loak."

   "Tuk."

   We all nodded at each other and spent the rest of the time in silence. At some point we all exchanged numbers, then left. I went to bed once we got home, changing into my Slytherin pants and shirt before trying to fall asleep. It was Saturday so I only had one more day before having to start school. 'I hate my life' I thought before going to sleep.

A/N: Hope you liked the first chapter of my newly written "To Be With You"