02 Always, Forever

You read it somewhere, that the term 'Big Apple' was originally used in the 1920s and '30s by jazz musicians as a way of saying, "There are many apples on the success tree, but when you pick New York City, you pick the Big Apple."

Knowing that information makes you smile. Life actually gets better from here, you realized.

Well, yeah, being on the rooftop like now proves all that. The night view is exquisite and extraordinary. It is simply amazing and breathtaking for those of you who come from a humble, small town that is not too big; it almost doesn't even appear on the map.

You put in headphones to block out the unfavorable noise as you look at your phone and turn the music on. As you pressed the button, your screen phone lit up. It informed you, it was almost 2 a.m. Time flies, really.

For the next couple of minutes, you let your favorite songs blare and blast in your ears. One of them is New York, New York by Frank Sinatra, obviously. It's like one of the soundtracks of your life right now, so you're treating it solemnly just like one.

You close your eyes and lay back on your hands. You're wincing a little because of the gravel but that's okay. You don't wanna sweat the small things anyway.

"I want to wake up in a city that doesn't sleep

And find I'm king of the hill, top of the heap

These little-town blues are melting away

I'll make a brand new start of it in old New York

And if I can make it there,

I'll make it anywhere

It's up to you

New York, New York."

You're just sitting there peacefully for a while, humming some inspiring lyrics to uplifted your heart a bit, to erase those annoying blue and gray clouds fogging your little head, until a big hand jolts you out of your world.

You pull your headphones out and turn around. You're ready for someone who works here to ask you to leave; just in case. But to your surprise, it's Jackson.

"What the hell are you doing up here, Princess?" Jackson questions while taking a seat on the ground beside you, "Look at you. You're going to freeze. You don't even have a blanket, your jacket on or anything."

Your concerned lover held you closer to him as he squeezed your body tight. He's a bit tense seeing you almost freezing outside on a cold night like this.

"Sorry, Jackie," You said, "I just wanted to get out of the apartment. Didn't mean to scare you or anything, really."

He didn't know he made your heart flutter because of that pet name, those worries on his face, his sweet gestures and all.

Jackson wraps his arm tenderly around you. He's frowning and pouting his lips adorably while he feels how your skin is cold to the touch.

"Hey, it's fine, Angel," He seems to understand, "It's just.. Just make sure to leave a note or something, okay? So I know my future wife is not dead," He casually and protectively demanded it from you.

You both chuckle at his antics.

"It's so scary when I wake up and you're not right there next to me," He admitted, his gaze looking at you lovingly, "Never do that again, okay?"

"Okay. I'm so sorry, Honey," You gently cupped his cheek as he softly poured sweet and tender kisses on the palm of your hand, making your cheeks burning hot as your heart skipped a beat.