we're a team now

the debate of the holidays had begun, and they only had forever to go. the pair had spent most, if not all, the drive to taylor's private jet discussing holiday arrangements.

travis sighed, "tay, why do we have to discuss this now?"

"travis, i want to make sure everything is agreed on so we don't fight over this once the time comes," taylor replied, removing her seatbelt and reaching for her phone.

"i understand, tay," travis took ahold of the singer's hand, "but we don't have to always have a set schedule. why can't we just spend holidays together? the three of us?"

taylor sighed, "what if you find someone?"

"what?"

"what if you start dating?" taylor spoke.

travis laughed, "then she'll have to understand that our son and his happiness comes first."

the football player's response made the blonde smile. finding out her one night stand had knocked her up wasn't an easy discovery. she was angry at first. angry at herself for being so easily captivated by the handsome tall man that she found it easy to fuck him in her friend's guest bedroom. she was devastated that her child would be born out of wedlock, and she was astonished at how badly she wanted to have this child.

travis placed his hand on the small of taylor's back as he held her duffle bag in his free hand. he led her to the stairs of her private jet as he smiled at the sight of taylor's mother patiently waiting for them.

"hi, honey," andrea grinned from ear to ear.

the older woman couldn't wait to be a grandmother for the first time. when taylor gave her the news she was over the moon ecstatic. she had been begging her children for a grand-baby, and although the circumstances could have been better, she was content with the father of taylor's unborn child. her husband on the other hand did not take the news very well. he refused to accept that his little girl had gotten pregnant from a guy she barely knew, and he was terrified of the way the media would take the news.

"hi, mom," taylor hugged her mother.

"good evening, miss andrea," travis greeted, placing taylor's bags on the ground as she leaned in for a side hug.

"oh, stop it!" andrea playfully smacked travis' shoulder. "it's andrea."

taylor laughed at her mother's reaction. she found it quite adorable how much her mother loved travis.  however, she wished she could say the same about her father. of course the pop star had introduced her parent's to travis and vice versa, but her father did not want to see travis again after their first encounter. she had hoped he would get around to the idea of their co-parenting situation, but it was starting to seem like he wasn't going to.

"hey, taylor," tree popped out from the seat a few rows ahead, "travis."

"hi," the pair responded in unison.

"how're you doing?" tree asked, "how's the peanut?"

the singer laughed, "he has started kicking now and he doesn't seem like he wants to stop anytime soon."

out of everyone, taylor was terrified to tell tree. although she knew that at the end of the day her dear friend would support her, she knew just how awful she would make things for tree from a social media point of view. although to taylor's surprise, tree couldn't have been more excited for the blonde. she was definitely not looking forward to dealing with the media once the news broke, but she was looking forward to seeing taylor enter motherhood. thus far, motherhood looked phenomenal on the blonde.

"how adorable!" tree gushed. "how're you doing, travis?"

travis sat down next to taylor as they prepared to take off, "good, preparing for the baby and gearing up for the season."

the pop-star had a tour in the works, however she had opted to wait until all her re-recordings were released to do her big world wide stadium tour. ultimately, it was the best decision, due to her finding out about her pregnancy in april, just a month after her tour would have begun if she had followed through with her plan.

"hey, hey, focus on me," travis gently spoke to the blonde sitting alongside him, completely diminishing his conversation with tree. "we're almost there."

"fuck," taylor murmured, unbuckling her seatbelt and rushing to the restroom.

travis followed closely, closing the door behind them and kneeling down next to taylor, as she held her hair back and rubbed her back.

"you're okay, tay," travis hummed, "it's okay."

taylor hung her head over the seat, exhausted from emptying her insides.

"come here," travis whispered, pulling the blonde into him. "you're okay, honey."

"i'm exhausted, travis," taylor pulled away from him. "i'm so exhausted."

"let's try to get some sleep, taylor," travis worriedly spoke. he knew how hard this pregnancy had been on taylor, and part of it was the stress she was putting on herself. she was overworking herself by putting in extra hours at the studio, while simultaneously working on planning a tour that would work with travis's schedule. it was a lot for the blonde.

"here," travis handed taylor a bottle of water. "drink something before we get you up."

taylor began taking a couple of sips before handing the bottle of water right back to travis and leaning into him. "will you help me up?"

travis helped the singer up and lead her back into her seat, only this time he reclined both of their seats so she would be able to lay down.

"here, tay," travis helped to sit her down, "do you want me to get you your blanket?"

"please," taylor softly spoke. her hands reached down to her belly as she sighed. there was a bump now, a visible bump that she wouldn't be able to pass off as bloating or bad lighting.

"here ya go," travis handed taylor her blanket as he laid down next to her. "you okay?"

taylor nodded her head and leaned into travis. the football player's hand landed on the blonde's bulging stomach and he began caressing it gently.

"tay," travis began. "you need to talk to me, honey. tell me what's going on. we're going to raise a child and i need to know how to take care of you, so i can be there for the both of y'all. we're a team now, remember?"

taylor felt tears beginning to form once more, "im so stressed, travis."

"i still have two more album releases to go, and i have to fly back and forth between nashville, and new york, and now kansas. you'll be at the peak of the season when i give birth, and im terrified to do it alone. i'm entering my second trimester and i still can barely keep any food down. and i don't want our son to have two christmas'!

travis placed a kiss on taylor's head as he sighed, "i'm so sorry you're so stressed, honey. and i promise i'll do my best to take care of you and make sure you're at ease. i'm sorry you can't keep food down, and i'm sorry that our son will be born during season, but i promise you once i get that call that you're in labor i will be right by your side."

"and he won't have to have two christmas', tay," travis smiled, "i think we should celebrate christmas together."

"okay," taylor gave in. "i'm sorry for being a hormonal mess."

"hey," travis put a strand of taylor's hair behind her ear, "don't apologize. you're pregnant, you're allowed to feel this way."

"we're a team now, remember."