Chapter 2: Deception

Vox was lounging on his couch, feet in the air kicking back and forth as he continued to text Y/N. It had been an entire week sense he had gained the heir's phone number and went out with them. Part of Vox felt a little bad he was exploiting the poor thing. The other part of him was ecstatic he had gotten close to them. He needed to keep an eye on that Radio demon, and he was close to someone as power as Y/N was nothing but a bonus in his eyes. He wanted them wrapped around his finger before the next extermination, and it was working.

"Are you going to be laying around all day or are we going to do something today?"

Vox sighed and a frown replaced his smile that was on his face. Valentino's voice annoyed the hell out of him as the moth demon entered his room. Vox whished his private room remained private sometimes.

"I'll have you know: I am going out today. The heir to the throne want's to take me out."

"Charlie? Lucifer's daughter? Wants to go out on a date with you?"

"No, you fucking idiot. The other one, Y/N. They invited me out. And it's not a date it's a friendship outing."

"Why would you even care about that?"

Vox sighed. Valentino was dumb but Vox didn't expect him to be this dumb. 

"Me getting close to them means two things. One; we can keep an eye on that Radio demon to make sure he doesn't make any deals with both of them. And me getting closer to the heir's of Hell means so much for us; so much for me. This is a business thing, nothing more. I am not with them to make friends or have a little relationship. This is about power and money. If I had one of the heir's to Lucifer falling over me we wouldn't need to ever lift a finger again."

Valentino still seemed unamused; something that annoyed Vox much more than it should. He growled and thought for a slight moment before smirking up at the moth demon.

"Annnd... while I am there, I can keep an eye on Angel for you. Who knows what he has been getting up to up there."

Val's frown quickly turned into a toothy smile as he heard Vox's words. His golden tooth flashed in the light as he took a long hit from his cigarette. 

"Good. That little whore has been ignoring me again. I want him here by tomorrow morning, let him know for me."

Vox sighed and turned around to grab his phone on the table. Despite Vox's relationship with Valentino he despised the way Val treated Angel. Vox used to be in a relationship with him and Val was incredibly abusive to Vox. He had never seen his screen broken more than when he was with Valentino. He saw himself in Angel a lot because of that experience and wished nothing but hope on the poor employee. 

"I'm heading out. Don't do anything stupid and listen to Velvette."

Vox snapped at Valentino. He had the moth leave his room so he could lock the door behind himself. Vox texted Y/N he was on the way there to pick them up. Vox had insisted that he pick up Y/N in his own limo rather than have Y/N pick him up. He wanted to seem like a gentleman to the royal. Vox sat in the back seat as his driver began to take him up to the hotel. The only thing that was truly worrying was if Alastor would be there. He hated that privileged petty deer. He didn't want his anger to get out of control already and he hadn't even arrived at the hotel. He just needed to keep calm and focus on Y/N.

Once the limo pulled up outside Vox stepped out and glanced up at the large place. Last time he was here he didn't really take in too much of the place but by the devil it was gigantic for a place with less than 10 people living inside of it. It really was supposed to be something more than a failed side project. 

He walked up the front door and yet again hesitated. He just needed to control his anger. It couldn't be that hard for him. He knocked quickly and waited for a moment. The door flung open to reveal Charlie standing there, a big, large smile on her face, her eyes sparkled as she saw him.