Chapter 46: A wall that must be conquered, a battle for supremacy.

Zacznij od początku

"Hey hey folks! A special event is happening right now. I hope every body is watching because. A battle between two unexpected individuals is about to begin!"

"Who do you think will win? Hitedoshi Fumidai, the young rising talent? Or is it the boy with the mask over there who goes by the name Phantom!? Let's all watch together and fing out!"

The commentator announced with enthusiasm, as a professional on duty.

'He even rented out an announcer? ..Rich people sure are something.'

I just stood there, happily thinking that everything was just play pretend in a grand chuunibyou fashion.

...

Just before we start, Hitedoshi Fumidai proposed an intriguing bet.

"Well then. Since we're already here, how about we make a bet?"

He proposed,

"If I win, you will have to lose the mask right here infront of everyone."

I glanced at him with a serious face.

"What's in it for me?"

I said with a 'convince me' attitude, asking how this will benefit me in any way and why.

Given the context, I can understand why he wanted me to lose the mask. I'm a masked and mysterious vigilante of the shadow, after all. Everyone is supposed to be curious about who is the face behind the mysterious masked character.

Thinking on the spot for a reply, Hitesoahi Fumidai answered.

"If you win... I shall do any one thing you ask me to do. Not like it'll ever happen tho."

He answered with confidence, not a doubt in his mind he'll lose.

'Losing my mask if I lost would be a shame, especially this early on. This is a greater risk for me than to his as I planned to live a double life as the perfect shadow hero. But then again, that makes it all the more interesting.' I sinisterly grin to myself at Hidetoshi's proposal.

With a devilish grin on my face, I replied.

"Alright, I accept. I'll make sure to make you realize you had already made a mistake the moment you offered this gamble."

'I'll make sure to put my "do anything ticket" to good use in future plot development. That is if I win of course.'

We shook hands, with Fumidai commenting.

"I don't make mistakes. I'll make you realize that."

The mic cut back to the commentator/announcer. He then spoke with enthusiasm and professionalism in his voice.

"Alright then. The duel will be split into two categories. That is, Dancing and Singing!"

"The distribution of points will be given by our three judges, and of course, you guys! Just download the app and vote."

"70% of the points will be given by our three judges and you guys will personally decide who receives the remaining 30%. Did you get all that?!"

The commentator leaned his ear forward. After the short pause with no comments, he proceeded to open his mouth to continue the event.

"Alright then! Let's proceed with the battle, everyone!"

Dancing and singing huh? I don't usually do those two things so I don't know how well I would perform... But I guess those two categories are reasonable to demonstrate whose more dynamic and better at controlling their voice. I still prefer magical warfare tho, but I guess this'll do.

The commentator proceeded with his job, which was commentating and announcing.

"The first match would be the 'Dancing' category."

"Let's all watch and decide who got the better moves. Would it be Fumidai, the multi talent genius? or would it be the boy calling himself Phantom? Make your choice wisely everyone!"

"Alright let's proceed with the duel."

"Our first contestant would be Fumidai-kun. Mr. Hidetoshi Fumidai, can you please step forward and let us see what you got?"

Fumidai walked forward, with me noticing he grinned for a second as though he has something up his sleeve.

"Our first competition, Dancing! Woah ho! But it's not just your ordinary dancing. This battle would be a freestyle dance competition!"

"That means, not only they would have to improvise their steps on the spot, they both have to compete on who could flow their movements better and smoother."

"That means every dance move they execute, they have to think in advance for the next one all while keeping track with the beat of the music. Doesn't that sound exciting!"

The announcer hyped everyone up, announcing this portion of the battle is a freestyle dance battle.

"Fumidai-kun, are you ready for this?"

"Yes."

Fumidai answerd in confidence, unshakened by the sudden announcement. Though he already knew about it from the start.

Right now, he was thinking just how cunning his plan was, a strategy he devised for this specific situation.

'Me being the first one to present wasn't much of a coincidence. I convinced for the organizers to let me go first so that, if ever our dance steps clash with each other, it would be a matter of who did it first and better.'

'I'm confident that I'm the better dancer with my skills. However, this category is set as freestyle. There are only so many steps you could think off on the spot, with chemistry enough to flow well together seamlessly.'

'Which means the second to present runs the risk of losing points from being accused of copying the first person's moves.'

'By picking out the most trendy steps and choreographing them to the best of my abilities, I got this in the bag. Victory is as good as mine

Fumidai's strategy was to limit the steps I could use, knowing the competition is set to freestyle.

Just like in class recitations, whoever delivered the right answer first in perfect detail would come out victorious. The second to give out the same conclusion only admits to the first person being right. A really cunning plan devised by Hitedoshi Fumidai.

The song starts playing and Hidetoshi Fumidai starts to move to the beat of the music.

[A/n: Just imagine "Runaway Baby" by Bruno Mars playing in the background.]

Dancing to the beat of the music. Hitedoshi Fumidai displayed overflowing charisma as he moves at the center of the stage.

He displayed incredible use of his footwork, choreographing his movements very fluently, just like the pro that he actually is.

If people watching from the crowds were to put it into words, the way he looks like right now, he was dazzling.

With a handsome face on par with that of top models, he winked to the audience with an alluring smile. You can hear girls squeal from below the stage. They're probably fans of his, however, everyone was cheering all the same. Because to them, this was practically a free concert with a famous celebrity so might as well enjoy it.

A handsome face, dancing flawlessly to the beat of the music, radiating with overflowing charistma, so this is Hitedoshi Fumidai. Is what everyone was thinking as watched him dancing on the center of the stage with admiration.

So this is Hitedoshi Fumidai, the multi talent genius.