MAR 2024 | Bonding Over Holi [CLOSED]

Hello, Wattpaders! This month, APIRomance is proud to present a writing challenge inspired by Holi, a Hindu spring festival. Due to recent changes, this contest was delayed and it prevented us from being able to post this in March during Holi. We hope you appreciate this fun contest and are inspired to write exciting and thrilling entries!

 We hope you appreciate this fun contest and are inspired to write exciting and thrilling entries!

Choose one prompt and create a short story:

1. You were born and raised in a wealthy household who plans to host a Holi festival for the entire city. On this auspicious day of Holi celebration, there are colors, sweets, and children's smiles everywhere, but you are not happy. You're thinking of someone who could brighten this day to a next level.

2. All these years you have been falling for good guys/girls being a good girl/guy yourself, and the result of these relationships turned into hurtful breakups. During this Holi festival, you decide to burn that sequence into the bonfire of Holika and date a badboy/badgirl instead, whom you observed while praying in front of the Holi bonfire itself. How will it go this time?

3. You are married to your spouse in an arranged marriage and so you don't know much about each other, as well as don't vibe out well. This year's Holi celebration is your first Holi after marriage and you want to make it special for you both. So you try out cooking sweets and meals for the Holi celebration to impress your newly wedded spouse and try to bond over.

 So you try out cooking sweets and meals for the Holi celebration to impress your newly wedded spouse and try to bond over

❀ Your story must feature an Asian protagonist and include Asian cultural values. You are welcome to view the information about our Reading Lists in our Guidebook to get ideas.

❀ This challenge runs from April 1 to April 15, 2024. Your entry must be submitted by Monday, April 15. Any entries received after April 15, 2024 at 11:59 PM EST will not be included in judging.

❀ Your story must be between 1500 and 2500 words.

❀ Your story must abide by Wattpad's Content Guidelines.

❀ Your entry must be newly written, especially for this challenge.

❀ You must submit your entry via this FORM (see the in-line comment here).