~8. Momentary Happiness~

Start from the beginning

By the time we finished deciding, Timp came back with her ever-charming smile.

"Gentlemen, have you decided?" See, she is charming.

"Yes, we will have pasta and instant pot chicken soup, and I will go for thupa noodles; for Ryle, a hamburger and fries; and Jack here will go for chicken dumplings. As for drinks, I will go to Mocha," he said, looking towards us so we could tell what drinks we wanted.

"Green Apple" Jack says,

"Coconut water," Ryle said, and all three of them turned towards me.

"Lemonade," I mutter quickly, getting overwhelmed with the shining eyes.

"Ok, I will be back with your orders and drinks" with that Timp left.

"So, Nethan, what do you do after going back home?" Ryle ask

I can't say I do labour at home and lock myself in the room, right? So instead, I say, with a change of stance, "I go and rest, then cook dinner for my family." At this, Jack frowns and says, "You cook. What about your parents?" Oh no, I have been doing it for such a long time that it has become so normal for me to cook that I forget that average 16-year-olds don't do all the cooking at their house." Uh-um, my mother works late till the evening, and my father also has warriors to train in the evenings, so they both are not home, and my sister doesn't know how to cook." Well, I managed to come up with the lie, and I think they believe it.

"Oh, ok," they said.

Before they came up with another question, Timp came back as my knight with our order tray, and behind her was a tall male with drinks in one hand and hamburgers and dumplings in another. He put our order on and smiled at us.

"Hello Jaiden, Ryle, and Jack, how are you?" The male asks with a charming smile, the same as Timp. I see that towards Timp, she is smiling more brightly, if that's even possible.

The said three boys are on their feet, ever so happy, and bounce towards to hug the male that I can't even process what is happening. "Oh my god, Trey, when did you come back?" Jack asked, and the other two were as curious as Jack.

"Well, just 10 minutes ago, when Tim came back to the back with your orders, she told me, You guys are here, and you have guests with you." Trey said, turning towards me.

"Uh-huh, straight towards your mate, Trey," Jaiden replies.

"What can I say? My home is here, so I must return to my home." Snaking his arm around Timp and smelling her hair, Timp literally melted in his embrace, looking so happy that for a moment I felt jealous that I would never receive love like this.

"So who is this little guy here?" He asked, turning towards me.

"Trey, this is Nethan, and Nethan, this is Trey, our cousin, and Timp's mate." Ryle introduced us.

"Hello Nethan It was a pleasure to meet you. I hope my brothers are not bothering you." He asked.

"H-hi aand No, they don't." I said with courage to hold the conversation because I don't know why they are treating me kindly when I don't deserve it.

"Haha, that's a good thing. Okay, guys, we will meet again, but now I really want to spend my time with my omega. I have been away for a long time." Trey said while kissing Timp, and she completely melted my head. My ears perked up on the omega word, and I nearly shouted.

"You are an omega and have a mate?" Before I stop myself, words fly out of my mouth. Trey and Timp are frozen at my loud voice, and I can feel Alpha's neck turning towards my side so fast that they can't believe that they hear me speaking loudly.

"Yes, Nethan, I have a mate, and I am an omega." She said she saw Trey fondly.

"Okay, Trey, you should go with Timp; our food is getting cold, you see, and this here hasn't eaten anything." Ryle said, pointing towards his own belly.

"Okay guys, later," Trey said, waving.

"I-i-i'm sorry, I shouldn't have said it." I apologised immediately when they left because I think I overstepped my boundaries by asking that.

"Sweetheart, Its totally fine, but I want to ask you, Why were you shocked to see Omega having a mate?" Jaiden asked, and my heart skipped a beat. I don't know if it was from the nickname he called me or from the question he asked. I don't know what happened or not; they were staring at me for an answer, which I believe I can't give because I have to open up about the whole situation, but I was saved when my stomach growled so loudly again that I wanted to die from the embarrassment.

"Okay, let's dig in and talk later," Chuckling Jack said.

I picked up my fork and started eating, and dear Goddess, the invention of food is the best and only thing in this entire world to happen because as soon as I put the fork full of pasta in my mouth, my eyes immediately got closed, and I moan while the fork still in my mouth. Tell me how one would react if someone who hasn't had food for so long and has eaten properly with proper dining and has been cooking food almost every day for people but can't have the bite and one day came and tasted it and it exceeded all your expectations. You will also give the same reaction that I gave. I took a fork out of my mouth and opened my eyes. Someone cupped my face very gently and turned my face towards them, and I saw Jaiden, who was sitting beside me, have concerned-llooking expression staring at me.

"What happened? Why are you crying, sweetheart?" He asked, and I was confused. Only then did I notice there was a lone tear that fell from the eyes, which rounded from the cheek, which was wiped by Jaiden when I saw Jack and Ryle, who were sitting across from me, having the same concern look.

I smile towardss them, very genuine, and when they see this, they are surprised but say nothing, still waiting for my answer. I look back towardss Jaiden, who was also looking surprised and concerned. "Its the food; I was overwhelmed by the taste of it because good food fills me with happiness kind of." I said it without stuttering this time. Jaiden's smile ruffled my hair.

"Oh, is that it? Well, you can taste our food if you like it, but please do so without tears." He said. And in the span of 5 minutes, my plate was full of hamburgers, dumplings, noodles, and my own food. Despite saying no to them a lot of the time, they insist I have their food too. And its heaven, but I didn't manage to finish properly all of it, but they said it was fine; they helped me with the food. When we finish, we order our dessert, which we all go for, ice cream.

Now the time is here for real conversation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you like this chapter, Comments will be appreciated.

Thank you for reading <3 

Untill next one....