• I ~ The beginning •

He remembered the sky being crimson. The sun was nowhere to be seen, smothered by dark clouds.

At least Chat hoped it was clouds, and not smoke from distant destruction.

The city he once called home lay in ruins, fires ablaze, burning his memories to the ground.

Below him, in his hands, rested his lady. Her eyes stared into his emptily, shock stunning her from doing pretty much anything. Her red-clad hand clutched what she could of his suit, trembling as if letting go would be the end of her. Short raven strands stuck to her face, smothered in blood.

She was severely hurt, in a way even the lucky charm couldn't fix. This was it.

The end to it all.

Her eyes began to close.

Chat Noir gently shook her.

"Ladybug," he began. He shook her again, "M'Lady. You have to get up." With fear in his voice, he spoke once more as she opened her eyes.

"Princess, please. Don't leave me."

No matter how it happened, it would always end in her dying.

Whether she knew, or someone else found out. The continuous purgatory would never cease.

"Why?" Ladybug coughed, tears pouring from her fading bluebell eyes, "If you weren't supposed to, why did you tell me? If you knew what would happen-"

Chat Noir swallowed, "You're smart. You'd find out in your own."

"You should've let me find out. Because now-" Ladybug cut herself off.

She was hurting. She could feel searing pain in her abdomen, which was sliced wide open. She couldn't feel her legs-literally. They were no longer there. Her head throbbed hotly, blood from the trauma trickling down her face. The arm that didn't clutch him lay limply beside her, bone shattered.

This was the most horrible way she could go.

It was the most vile way, that she has died throughout her many lives.

In front of them, Monarch looked down at them with a grin. It was unlike any he has expressed; it was wider, with straight malice for the two teenagers.

"He won." 

Hope you liked this hort little intro! More will be out soon! I'll be fixing up an update schedule <⁠(⁠ ̄⁠︶⁠ ̄⁠)⁠>

Published: 1/30/24
Words: 375