"Well, I want to try the shape first, flavors later. Besides, it is intriguing to see the difference between making chocolate and bread even though their original ingredients were both flour-like."

"You make it sound like an experiment."

"In some ways, it is indeed." Yidhra turned to the little boy, more specifically, his sample "Worry for thyself first, dalta. Thy chocolate is so fragile."

"H-hey! It's my first time so mistakes are inevitable!"

It's a good thing they bought lots of cacao flour just in case so they could make another if the previous one failed. Furthermore, the last one must be perfect. Everybody wants the outcome of their efforts to be flawless, don't they?

And there were some teases during the process as well. Yidhra would paint Mihawk's little face with the chocolate liquid like a kitten much to his protest.

"It is adorable on thee."

"No, it's not! It's sticky! Mentor—no! Not my hair!"

...

Valentine's Day.

It was getting late, Mihawk thought. Yidhra had a sudden call from her private business so she had left since the afternoon and didn't come back at sunset. Despite knowing the witch was strong, the little boy couldn't help but feel worried. He had planned to give her his handmade chocolate to show her his gratitude for having taken care of him, perhaps there was another purpose as well but she did not need to know at this moment. That meant if something happened to the witch that would ruin the atmosphere of the day, he would be disappointed.

Hell, he hadn't received her chocolate at all.

Fortunately, Yidhra came back before dinner but her bloody form scared Mihawk to the pit.

"No, they were not my blood." The witch reassured him, instinctively bringing up her hand to pat his head only to realize there was blood on her hand as well, so she withdrew her hand "I shall take a bath. Why do thou not have dinner first?"

"I'll wait for you. Besides, I..." Mihawk's cheeks slightly rose a shade of red "...I have to give you something."

"Alright. Suit thou well." Yidhra smiled and headed towards the bathroom to clean off the mess on herself.

Once the witch finished the bath and walked into the dining room, she saw Mihawk standing up from his position and approached her with a small well-wrapped present. The red ribbon was cut into serpentine shape, coiled around the present which stood out the most.

"M-mentor. Please accept this as a token of my gratitude!" Mihawk said and gave Yidhra the present. She could sense his nervousness and how his cheeks remained the same shade of red she had seen earlier.

If Yidhra remembered correctly, that was the final sample her pupil had made. So... that was meant for her?

"Oh my. Thou surprise me, dalta." Yidhra smiled amusingly and accepted the small present "I did not expect thee would make me chocolate."

"O-of course I made it for you! Who else could it be!"

"Well, how can I know if you secretly have a crush from the town~"

"Mentor!!" Gosh, that made Mihawk truly embarrassed, he tried to change the subject and spoke with great resolve "A-anyway! Like I said, it presents my gratitude towards you for having taken care of me. I will do my best to enhance my skills and make you proud! Please continue to look after me, mentor!"