Preparing to leave her house, Charlotte spritzed herself in her most expensive perfume before grabbing her clutch and placing her essentials inside. Tommy stood downstairs, patiently waiting for her whilst the rest of the Shelby family and friends occupied the Pub.
Tommy bit his lip as she descended down the stairs, her hair held a light curl, her satin dress glimmered under the light as-well as the golden tan her skin held all year round and her makeup was done beautifully, he really was a lucky man.
As she broke the distance between the pair, she stopped just in-front of him smiling lightly.
"well what do you think?"she chuckled as she glanced down to the dress she had bought that same day.
"i've run my luck dry on you" he spoke, raking his eyes up and down her.
"likewise Shelby" she smiled placing a light kiss on his lips, before giggling at the lipstick that had taken place on his lips, swiping it off with her thumb.
Smiling at her one last time, he gestured for her to take his arm, placing a kiss to her hair as he opened the door, heading towards the garrison.

Upon opening the pub doors, Charlotte flashed her gorgeous signature smile as everyone in the pub had took to their feet. "Happy Birthday Lottie!" they all congratulated in unison, as she entered. "Thank you!"she giggled as everyone made their way towards her, glancing over to tommy who held a proud smile on his face.
Charlotte had made her way round, thanking and engaging in small talk with relatives she hadn't seen in a while. What Charlotte didn't know of, was that tommy had invited quite a few members of her family from her mothers side, who all held gypsy blood. He had also invited Charlottes cousins who she had missed dearly, they had spent their childhood together after all. The gesture meant a lot to Charlotte seeing as she had mentioned to tommy only briefly that it saddened her slightly that after her mothers death the family dispersed, rarely contacting each other.
It was lovely to see two of her cousins in particular, Rosie and Beth. They were her mother's sister's children who also grew up on watery-lane until they moved out of the city,rarely keeping in touch. The three cousins and Millie were practically inseparable for years and just seeing them consumed Charlotte with nostalgia, almost making her emotional.

Departing from her cousins, she scanned the crowd for Tommy, only to find him already looking at her.
Making her way towards him she kept a sweet smile on her face,
"Thank you Tommy" she gratefully smiled, gazing up at him.
"no need to thank me, sweetheart" Charlotte felt a surge through her body at how the nickname had fallen off his tongue, working well with his brum accent. Intently watching her, he pulled her towards him placing a kiss on her lips as her hand found the nape of his neck, the cold sensation of her jewellery meeting his skin sending a blissful shiver down his spine.
Pulling away from each-other, they held eye contact for a few seconds, love consumed both of their beautiful eyes as they glistened meeting each-other, unbeknownst to the pair, grace had been watching the entire interaction.
"Look at them look, look at how he looks at her" polly flaunted to one of Charlotte's relatives, who was an old friends of polly's.
"Right that's enough you two, Lottie come 'ere" john made his presence known as he boisterously requested his best-friends presence.
An amused expression came about Tommy's face as he watched his very merry brother. "Can i ask what your gonna do with me girl John boy?" tommy amusingly asked, as he listened to charlottes laugh, his own personal ecstasy. However he didn't miss the scoff that came from a certain blonde beside him, from behind the bar.
Quickly diverting his attention he observed as John requested the attention of the pub, slinging his arm over Charlotte.
"Right i wanna propose a toast, a toast for our Lottie here, take this as our way of saying thank you eh?, i want you to know we appreciate you for keeping us shelby boys sane and especially that one" he gestured towards tommy, earning a round of laughter.
"Your my bestmate and i wouldn't be 'ere without ya, and we all know she lit up this pub soon as she walked in it, didn't she eh?" he tussled her hair lightly as another round of cheers filled the pub. "but really we love ya, all of us, ain't that right arthur" "that's right john!" arthur bellowed sending a wink charlottes way. "To Lottie" he toasted
"To Lottie!" they all cheered, earning a genuine laugh from Charlotte.
Pulling Charlotte into a hug, Ada glanced behind her a cheeky smile arising on her face. Before Charlotte could question she felt a light tap on her shoulder, turning round she met a gorgeous blonde holding a smirk on her face. "Happy Birthday Lottie" she smiled as Charlotte pulled her into her arms. "Millie!" she widely smiled, squeezing her tightly before pushing her away but still holding her in her hands, almost examining her as if she was really there. "What? Who?" she rapidly questioned, as millie gestured her head towards a certain someone.
Glancing behind her Charlotte met Tommys eyes, watching as he sent a wink her way. She felt warmth consume her at another sweet gesture Tommy had done for her that night."Thank you" she mouthed, warmly smiling. "That man loves you Lottie" Millie chuckled, over the moon to see her best-friend doing well.

Into the early hours of the morning, the pub had barely cleared although it was evident people were planning on bidding their goodbyes very soon.
Stood at the bar with his aunt polly Tommy scanned the crowd for Charlotte. "She's over there" polly laughed under her breath, in amusement. "Hm?" he perplexed
"you've got that bloody lovesick look in your eye, she's over there" she repeated, gesturing her head towards Charlotte who sat in one of the booths between John and Arthur who were very pissed to say the least, and in-front of Millie, Rosie and Beth,laughing away.
Although tommy could tell she was ready to go home, she wasn't pissed but she had that hazy look in her eye that potrayed a girl very close to it, however she could handle her drink, awfully good actually. "You ready to go lottie?" he questioned, as Charlotte nodded lightly a smile on her face. Not missing the way her two cousins slightly gawked over him, although it didn't piss her off i mean she couldn't blame them, but he was hers much to a certain blondes dismay who watched from behind the bar.
Offering his hand out, he squeezed her little hand gently as they bid their goodbyes, earning a whistle from Arthur. "You enjoy your night" Arthur winked releasing a hearty laugh from john who was just as pissed.
"Did you enjoy yourself lotts?" Tommy asked, as they made their way towards her home. "I did, thank you tom" she lazily smiled glancing up at him, he fought the urge to squeeze her cheeks at how cute she was, although no one could imagine The Thomas Shelby doing that and he was still in public after all.
"I'm glad" he half smiled, tightening his grip on her hand slightly.

As they got themselves ready for bed, Charlotte jumped into her freshly washed sheets exhausted from the night, amused tommy watched her with a sparkle in his eye, god he loved her.
Smiling up at his gaze, she chuckled
"come here" opening her arms out for him, without a second thought tommy climbed into her bed, placing his arms around her small frame resting his head on her chest as he inhaled her familiar scent, basking in this moment of weakness. "i love you" she muttered, playing with his hair. Snuggling in to her a little bit more, he sighed in contentment. "And i love you" he rasped.
Releasing a smile to herself she chuckled lighly at his clingy behaviour.

Now this could be one of two things, an affection that displayed his unwavering love, or Guilt. And guilt it bloody well could be.

-

the calm before the stormmm