"Are you searching for something?" she asked when she found him immersed in some document, not looking towards her.

"None of your concern," he replied harshly, surprising her. Then he realized his tone and looked at her apologetically, saying he was looking for some important document and she should leave.

"Can I help?" she asked before he could reply no. Ragini picked the nearest file to him. The title surprised her.

As Ragini picked up the nearest file to him, the title surprised her.

Before Sanskar could snatch it away, she took a few steps back and read a few pages. Her eyes looked shocked as she asked,

"Why Maheshwari's, why are you trying to do this to them"

"None of your concern," he retorted, snatching the file away.

"It is when you are planning to destroy them."

"Why does it matter to you? Oh, maybe because you are still in love with Laksh," he sneered.

"Sanskar!" she called out his name loudly, feeling agitated.

Sanskar smirked at her "Aww, Ragini, feeling angry. But where was this anger when your step-sister snatched your love from you?"

Sanskar chuckled mockingly, "Laksh used your feelings towards his own motive and then threw you aside."

Ragini tried to stop him, "Sanskar, please..." but he pulled her closer by her arm, causing her to land on his chest.

"You're drunk," she remarked, catching the scent of alcohol on him. He laughed at her observation.

He continued with a mocking tone, "Aww, such fake concern. But where was this concern when you're living with people whom you call your family, the so-called people who never cared for you?"

Ragini looked at him, her expression numb and hurt.

Sanskar, in his intoxicated state, continued to lash out, his words cutting through the air, each one like a sharp dagger.

"Didn't you feel the need to question them or take revenge for all the misery they caused, didnt you feel to hurt Laksh for the way he treated you"

Ragini remained silent, jerking her away he continued

"Or maybe you can't because you are a scared kitty who doesn't have claws to fight. Maybe that's why your mother died. Perhaps that's why you can't be happy, always needing a superhero to fight your battles"

"How miserable you are, maybe that's why you don't deserve any lov.." a loud slap echoed, shocking him and returning his senses.

Tears fell down her eyes. Ragini takes a deep breath and pulls him by his collar, looking into his eyes.

"I don't give rights to anyone to mock my feelings or fears"

"Ragini, I" trying to say something

"You're not mocking me, Sanskar. You're mocking yourself. All these things you're saying, they're your fears. You're trying to fill a void in yourself by hurting others. How miserable you are"

"And you know what's the funniest part i thought you were a good friend, someone special, someone i started li..... (she paused) but then, thank you for proving that you are just like others"

Ragini pushes him away forcefully. He loses his balance and falls down on his knees.

"Ragini..."

But She doesn't turn back and continues to walk towards the cabin entrance, tears streaming down her face. Sanskar, feeling terrible, calls out to her again

"Ragini, please..."

Sanskar left on the floor, a lone tear escaped his eyes. The weight of his anger and words hangs heavily in the air, and both of them are left feeling hurt.

In that moment, Sanskar realized the impact of his words, how he let his own insecurities and pain overshadow any empathy he should have had for Ragini.

As he sat on the floor, he reflected on the void within himself that he was trying to fill with anger, realizing that his actions only isolated him further.

Ragini, on her way out, fighted back her tears, feeling the weight of the emotional scars that Sanskar unknowingly deepened.

The whole atmosphere was heavy with the consequences of their interaction, leaving both of them grappling with the pain and misery.

------------------

So what you think has happened that sanskar is behaving like

would ragini forgive him?

Stayed tuned

next update coming tomorrow :)

Twist of fateजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें