My heart twists painfully in my chest while I look into his hateful eyes. I try to keep my face stoic but inside it hurts. Why can he just trust me on this?

"I can never trust you", he continues acidly. "Because I hate the very sight of you. You bring chaos everywhere you go. Next time think twice before accusing Nina again. The consequence won't be good for you. Consider this my last warning for you."

"What if something happens?", I blurt in a low tone when he turns to leave.

"Honestly", he turns to look at me. "I don't care."

My heart gives another painful thud. I avert my eyes and gives him a small nod. Once he leaves, I start crying. His words hurts like hell. Why was I expecting him to believe me?

I wipe my tears away and try to calm myself. As long as I have me, I don't care if anyone cares about me honestly. It's totally fine if he doesn't care. I don't mind it. I can protect myself.

I am still feeling so vulnerable after last night. The news of Meredith passing away is still fresh in my mind and along it, everything else has just resurfaced back. I can feel the weight pulling me down once again.

After a few minutes, the door creaks open and I see Emily poking her head inside. "There you are. Ayla, what's wrong? Have you been crying?"

"No, I think there's a dust around here", I lie.

"Your face is red", she states and and sits in the table. "I am so sorry I could not picked up your call yesterday. My phone is having some problems. I really need to buy another one. Will you come with me?"

"Sure Mily"

"Tell me what's wrong Ayla", she adds softly. "You promised me you will tell me if something is bothering you"

"Meredith is dead", I blurt deadpan.

"Oh my god", she gasps. "I am so sorry"

"I am too", I mumble. "I promised to meet her but never returned back"

"Hey", she holds my cheek. "Don't blame yourself. I know Meredith won't. That place traumatised you Ayla. Nobody would want to return back to a place where they were constantly mistreated"

"I wish I could atleast see her one last time", a few tears slid down my face. "She was like a mother to me and would always protect me there."

She guides my hand on her lap and I let her while she caresses my hair. "I know sweetheart but she is safe now. She is finally at peace and I know for a fact she won't blame you for not keeping your promise. She knew how scared you were."

"Did you sleep last night?", she asks softly when I remain quiet.

I shake my head.

"You will fall sick Ayla", she admonishes me gently. "Did you atleast eat?"

"I an going to order food for you and you will eat", she adds.

"Emily I am have some important work to do", I lie. "Just order it and once it's here, I'll eat while working. Go back to work. You left the boutique unsupervised...."

"Ana is looking after the shop, don't worry", she assures me. "I'll stay here..."

"I want some alone time", I tell her frankly. "I'll be fine don't worry"

"Are you sure?", she questions with concern.

"Yes", I stand up from the chair. "I will call you if anything happens. Don't worry"

"Why do I feel like you are kinda pushing me away?"

"I am not", I lie. "I'll see you later"

"Fine but eat the food", she orders before leaving.

After she leaves, I immerse myself in work and my drawings. The phone rings suddenly and Xander orders me into his cabin.

He remains silent until I look at him.

"I need you to get some files from the records room", he says and glances at his laptop. "Get your pen and paper"

Once, he is done giving me all the names, I search for Colton to give me the keys of the room. He accompanies me while cursing the hell out of Nina.

"Ayla, these are all the files which he might need", he says. "I have to leave early today. Got a dentist appointment"

"Sure Colton. See you tomorrow"

He hugs me before leaving and I am left alone in the room. I walk further and notice a table and a chair. It's so quiet in here and feels perfect for me.

Just when I take a seat, the door creaks open and Nina walks in with a smile on her face.

"So you are sulking here", she laughs.

"What do you want Nina?", I ask.

"Isn't it obvious? Xander"

"Why don't you tell him instead of acting like a homewrecker?", I drawl in a bored tone.

Her expression changes. "Oh I will. Just need to make you leave the picture"

"I'd like to see you try", my voice is full of humor while I cross my hand. "You are a beautiful woman Nina but you act so cheap. What a waste of beauty"

"You don't get to say this because you were the one who just barged in!"

"Really? From what I know, Xander had a girlfriend before marrying me", I claim.

"They were not that serious. He would have eventually left her which he did but then he married you", her voice is laced with pure venom.

"Maybe you were not meant to be with him then", I sigh and try to walk past her.

She holds my wrist instantly in a deadly grip. "My threats were not in vain Ayla"

"Leave my hand", I try to push her.

She pushes me roughly on the table, and the files scatters from my hand. All the papers lie on the floor.

Is this bitch mad?

Before I can get up. she picks the thick glass vase from the corner and smashes it on my forehead. I see white dots instantly as a warm blood starts pouring down my face. I hear a distant ring in my ear and try to get up.

"This is just a little warning darling", she states near my ear and grips my hand again. "And this ring belongs to me"

"Leave my hand Nina! What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

I try to fight her off but she digs her nails tightly in my hand, scratching my skin off.

"You better stay away from my way Ayla", she warns and turns to leave.

She switches the light off and closes the door on her way out. My vision blurs as I try to get up again and end up staggering on the chair. I grip the edge of the table and lean my head down.

This is happening all over again. I am living it again.

Nina is obsessed with Xander.

Obsesssion.

The word which has always haunted me and the result has always been the same for me. It has always made me shed blood.

And this time, I'm shedding it for Xander.