chapter seven.

outfits: Em, Kat

outfits: Em, Kat.

︵୨˚̣̣̣͙ - - ˚̣̣̣͙

'Slight of hand and twist of fate,
On a bed of nails, she makes me wait
And i'll wait without you.
with or without you.'

︵୨˚̣̣̣͙ - - ˚̣̣̣͙

November 24th, 1994.

Today was the day of the first task and the school was buzzing from wall to wall, even the paintings were sporting the colours of whoever they were suporting, which was for the majority, Cedric.

'Dragons? You've got to be kidding me.' Em grips her boyfriends upper arm protectively, not wanting to let him out of her sight at all today. He was already sweating slightly at the thought of facing the first task, but spending the morning with Em in his dorm room shower had perked him up enough. His hair was wet and dripping down on the both of them as they stand their in nothing but their pale yellow towels.

'I know, I know, but at least I was made aware.' Cedric tried to calm her even though he knew she had every right to be scared for him 'If it weren't for Harry, I'd be completely in the dark.' He lifts his hand up towards her face, brushing away a strand of hair that had been stuck to her cheek from the shower water. Her stomach couldn't help but twist into a knot at the thought of Cedric facing such a dangerous task.

'I read something about dragons,' she began, inhaling the combination of rose scented soap and the sweet smell of Cedric's skin, 'their eyes are where you'll need to aim. Focus on damaging it's vision and the rest should be rather easy. It can't do much blind now, can it?' Cedric smiled at her calculated face and he beamed at how much she cared.

'And you,' he pulled her in by the hands, playing with them gently 'what would I do without you?'

She smiled up at him, not quite believing her luck with this boy 'Well, I'd assume you'd be at a great loss at this current moment' She laughed breathily before he leaned down to kiss her. 'You'll be careful?' she asked again, pulling away. She wanted to freeze the moment in case anything happened. If only she could take a picture of him so she knew how his hair fell over his face, how his crooked smile looked. She knew all of this anyway and she doubted she'd ever forget it. She knew that he would be okay but there was something eating away at her from the inside - a bad feeling.

'Of course.' He cupped her face and kissed her once more. How could it get better than this? She thought to herself, trying desperatley to memorise his lips and how it felt when he touched her.

'Good.' She smiled back at him.

The twins, meanwhile, were trekking up the valley with Katrina, boxes of probably illegal goods slung around their necks. They were trying to make good money before christmas came around, which was actually rather smart of them. George had his mind set on finding something perfect for Katrina but his mind was blank and he'd begun to panic. Fred had reassured him that once they'd gotten enough money from getting people betting on the tasks and selling some of their products, that the idea would probably present itself. So that was it, George was focused and had his entrepreneur head on.