(Rewrite) Chapter 5: Late Interview & Lunch

Începe de la început

"Your interrogation has finished." Harry says, shutting his notebook closed, and putting it in one of his pockets. "Do I just..go now?" I ask. "Yeah. You're free to explore. Now go, I have business to attend to." Harry says. I walk up to the interrogation room door, exiting, and walking over to the elevator again. However, I stop in my tracks as the intercom turns on.

"Ahem, attention LAMINAX personnel. There is an escaped slimepup on the loose. Please keep your eyes peeled. If you see something, do something. And also, it's lunch time! Staff, please make your way to the cafeteria for lunch. Subjects will be given a small portion of food after lunch! Thank you for your cooperation."

The intercom turns off with a click.

I watch as the elevator doors close in front of me, telling me that someone is coming down. I walk out of the elevator room, making my way down to the cafeteria, with lots of other scientists, guards, and other staff walking down.

The amount of staff begins to overwhelm me. There's lots of chatter and the sounds of boots hitting the floor. As soon as I make my way into the cafeteria, I see a pretty big line forming. I notice someone familiar in a lab coat with shades on, cutting the line to get up to me. And of course, it's the one and only Dr. L. People yell at him saying things like 'what the hell bro!' for cutting the line. Dr. L doesn't seem fazed by this.

"Hey! How's it goin' trainee?" Dr. L asks. "Uhm...good.. I guess. I just got interviewed by the head scientist, so...yeah." I reply. Dr. L lowers his shades and looks down at me. "Harry? That guy?" Dr. L asks. "Yeahhhhh..him." I reply. "Ah okay...damn, you got interviewed late." Dr. L says. "And it was my fault that I was late. I was too busy looking through that computer and talking with Kai." I reply.

"Mhmm. Kai's a nice guy, ya know that? I've met him before, and he's like..the only person who can tolerate and recognize my pranks." Dr. L says. I chuckle nervously. "..what kind of pranks do you do exactly..?" I ask. "I act like I'm going to transform them into gootraxians." Dr. L replies. I chuckle nervously again. "I'd never do such a thing to you, EVER! You're the trainee scientist just trying to do your job, ya know." Dr. L says.

"..yeah..ha..ha.." I chuckle nervously. "Aight, this line is getting pretty short..we're going to order soon." Dr. L says. As soon as he says that, I hear more boots hitting the cold tile floor. I look behind myself to see Kai getting in line. I look back ahead and see Christina, waiting for me to move forward in the line.

It's my turn to get lunch.

Christina points to a menu sign, hanging right above her. I look at the menu, looking at my options.

"Soda - Free
Water(s) - Free

Grilled Cheese Sandwich - Free
Burger - Free
Taco(s) - Free

Apple(s) - Free
Banana(s) - Free

Bagel(s) - Free

Cookie(s) - Free
Donut(s) - Free
Ice Cream (any flavour) - Free
Ice Cream Sandwich - Free"

I carefully look through the menu, deciding that a burger and a water might sound good. I just now notice all the food is free, and I'm praying it's actually good, unlike school cafeteria food. (Yucky.)

"Uhh...burger and a water please." I say. Christina ducks out of view, under the counter, as I hear clattering. She pulls out a metal tray and places it on the counter. She then grabs a pre-made burger and sets it on the tray, along with a plastic water bottle.