The One Where It All Began

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from Friends. This is just written fanfiction and entertainment purposes only.

💜

It was a rainy day in New York City. 

Joey Tribbiani happened to look over and saw his daughter entering the Central Perk coffee shop with her mother. He got up from his seat to greet them.

"Hey, girls," Joey gave a friendly kiss on the cheek to Tiffany, his daughter's mother. "How was school, Olivia?"

"Boring, but I dissected a frog, so that was kinda cool." Olivia shrugged her shoulders.

"I bet it wasn't cool for the frog." Joey's friend, Chandler Bing, said sarcastically.

Olivia gave a funny look to him. Even though he was weird, she did like him the most out of all her father's friends.

"You think you can handle her?" Tiffany asked him.

"Yeah, of course," Joey replied as if it wasn't a problem. "Just go out on your date tonight with Eric."

She smiled appreciatively at him. "Thank you, Joey," Her head turned to their ten year old daughter. "I'm going to leave, sweetie, be good for your Daddy, okay?"

"Yeah, I will, Mom." Olivia promised and they hug each other. Tiffany gave a kiss on her forehead.

Joey fondly looked at them both. Him and Tiffany did look very young to be parents of a ten year old girl. They were only fifteen when Tiffany discovered she was pregnant. Both of them were terrified and didn't know what to do. Eventually, with the support of their families, they decided to keep the baby despite their age and other difficulties that was sure to come with it. They still love their daughter no matter what.

However, having a daughter didn't mean that they were married. Joey would've liked to, but Tiffany didn't want to marry him just for the sake of having a child together. They had to break up because of that, but they still raised Olivia together, having a coparent relationship that went very well. 

Joey offered Olivia if she'd like to have a snack. She wanted to and they both went up to the counter together. He bought her a chocolate muffin, and since he loves food, he got two; one for her and one for himself. They ate it together.

Later, another friend of her father's showed up looking soaked from the pouring down rain and he was also miserable. Olivia couldn't pinpoint who it was at first until she realized that the sad man was Monica's older brother, Ross Geller. She knew one of the reasons why Ross looked so upset was that his wife turned out to be a lesbian. That was something that Joey had informed her one day. But she didn't care much about Ross's marital woes. She was sitting in front of her father's knees and was busy doing her homework on the table. Olivia always liked to read and do well in school, something that her father was proud of and he could see her going to college. It was rare for Tribbiani's to go to a college. He figured that she got her smarts from her mother and the good looks from him.

"But I don't want to be single, okay? I just - I just - I just want to be married again." Ross moped.

Suddenly, a random yet beautiful woman entered Central Perk looking drenched from the rain in her bridal dress. Everybody turned their heads to see her since it was extremely unusual for a woman to be walking around in a bridal dress. Even Olivia looked up to see her with her eyes widen in shock.

"And I just won a million dollars!" Chandler gestured his hand to the wet woman.

She looked like she was looking around for someone and then was talking to one of the waitresses at the front counter.