1 - school

(lacys pov)
my alarm went off at 7:30. today is my first day of high school, and there are no words to describe the anxiety i feel right now. at least i'll be doing it with my best friend, anna. she's been with me since day one, and i love her so much for it.
slowly but surely, i get up from my bed. i walk downstairs to get breakfast and meet nick in the kitchen. "damn, i didn't expect you to be up so early" i say, surprised as i was sure none of my brothers would be up until after i left, as usual.
"yeah well your screeching ass alarm woke me up. god, what even is it? a bird?" nick says.
"calm down, and it's literally a taylor swift song like what..." i walk over to the toaster and put some bread in. i take out my phone, and the first thing that pops up on my for you page on tiktok is an edit of me. i smile, and open the comments.
'god, she's so pretty it hurts'
'she's a stunner'
'what do people see in her..?'
'love this edit, lacy is my fav sturniolo'
'ew? she's such a pig'
my smile slowly fades as i read the last one. nick notices, but doesn't say anything. i sigh and put my phone down.

it was time to leave. my mom was dropping me off and was going to pick up anna on the way there.

anna got in the car, and greeted my mom. she sits beside me in the back, and we talk and giggle on the way to school.

we get there, and i take a deep breath. anna gets out and as i'm about to, my mom says something. "i know you're feeling anxious, so if anything happens, know that i'll be willing to pick you up, okay?" i nod, and step out of the car.
"bye mom" i say before shutting the door and walking in.

school had started, and me and anna were sat in the back of homeroom. it was boring, so we both went on our phones for the whole time.

our first lesson was music. i loved music. i played the electric guitar, and it was the thing i loved most about school. me and anna sat together again, and we had a good lesson

we had english, one of the lessons we didn't have together. i was dreading it, but i walked in and sat in the back corner. a guy came in and sat beside me, and oh my god, i nearly passed out right then.
i stared at him and i'm pretty sure he thought i was crazy. he had wavy brown hair with green eyes and was pretty tall. he had a great figure and was just super hot in general.
he caught me staring and i introduced myself, to make it seem less weird. "uh, hi, i'm lacy sturniolo. what's your name?" i asked.
he looked at me in shock for a moment. "sturniolo? oh my god, how didn't i recognise you. i love your brothers videos. anyway, i'm luca oakwood, nice to meet you haha!" he said
oh. so he knew me. wait - isn't that a good thing?
i smiled before i began to speak "can i have your number? you seem pretty cool and sweet. if that's okay, of course" i ask
"yeah!" he said, without hesitation. he showed me his phone and i put his number in. "thanks" i smiled before the lesson began.

i got a text from anna, and she told me to meet her at the cafeteria. i did, and as soon as i saw her i started smiling. "i have news" we both said at the same time. we went to sit down and i told her all about luca. "oh my god!!! good for you girl" she said, a massive smile on her face.
"thanks, anyway, what was your news?" i asked. she was about to answer before we got interrupted by a group of girls. "you're lacy sturniolo, right?" the hall giggled.
"if this is about my brothers, no, turn around" i say, with a straight face
"damn, i was kinda hoping for chris's number" one of them says
"can i have it anyway?" they added.
"uhm-" they all started giggling
"cmon, just give her it!" another one said.
they all started talking to me at once, and i felt really overwhelmed. i couldn't get them to shut up.
"another word from any of you and ill run you over" anna said. "try me."
all of the sudden, all of the girls stopped talking and had a straight face. "what? i-i-it w- this- i-"
"save it. turn around, now." they all listened and went back to whatever basement they crawled out of.
i sighed a breath of relief.
"thank you" i giggled "how did they believe that anyway."
we giggled together and at the end of break, we went our seperate ways again.

it was art, another one of my favourites. unluckily, i didn't have it with anna. but i was next to this sweet girl, maddie. we talked most of the lesson, and both did really nice art.

we had double art, so this lesson was again just art. we painted flowers in a vase, and both of our paintings looked really pretty. our teacher said well done to us, and before we knew it, it was finally lunch.

i mer up with anna and we ate lunch together and had a good time, i guess. she finally told me her news. she was going to join the cheer team. i tried to be happy for her, but everyone on that team were bitches.

last period was r.e. it was okay, considering i fell asleep halfway through. i was rudely woken up by someone throwing a paper at me. i unfolded it, and it said
'your brothers don't love you. everyone can tell that in the videos, they are getting sick of you. oh and don't even try to snitch on me for this. you're useless'
i began to tear up. only 15 minutes left of the day, you can do it, i thought. i couldn't. i asked to go to the bathroom and stayed in there until the end. who would write something like that?

i went back into the classroom to get my stuff and thankfully no one was in there. i didn't wanna be bothered by questions about why i didn't come back.
matt messaged me.

MATT ❤️❤️

MATT ❤️❤️: I'm outside, just me BTW.

You: okay, i'm coming

i turned off my phone. thankfully it was only matt. i was still upset and i knew i wasn't in the best mood for anyone other than matt. he understood me better than i understood myself.

i saw his car and got into the passenger seat. i plugged in my phone as always, and put on olivia rodrigo. i tried my best to not think about the note, but i couldn't stop.
"you okay?" he asked. he could see that i was upset, my eyes were puffy.
i began to tear up. no, i couldn't just start crying like this. i needed to stop. this is why my brothers were fed up with me.
i couldn't help myself. i broke down in tears. i covered my face with my hands and tried to wipe away tears.
"hey, it's okay, you can talk to me, you can trust me" matt said. "what happened?"
i pulled out the note and handed it to him. he read it, and was immediately stunned at what this person had written.
"lacy, none of this is true. trust me. we love you, and will never be tired of you" matt said before i looked up.
"i love you guys too" i say, before mostly calming down. "i just don't understand why someone would say that" i said wiping my tears away.
"some people are just horrible. and since we are well known, they are jealous because they think you're perfect, and they're not" i take a deep breath, and nod.
"yeah, i guess so" i smile softly at him.
"let's go home" he says and i hum in agreement.

we get home and i give nick and chris massive hugs. "and what was that for?" chris asks with a smile. "no reason" i shrug and smile back. "i'm going to my room, bye!" i announce as i run up the stairs.
once i do, i overhear matt talking to nick and chris about what happened today. i sigh, but i decide to go live on instagram since i was bored. i made myself look better first, and then went on.

a bunch of people joined, and there was a flood of comments
'omg hi!'
'AHHH'
'You are so pretty'
'you haven't been live in ages!'
'what concealer do you use?'
"oh, i use some random one i found in the store" i show it to the camera "it's pretty good i recommend it"
'where are your brothers?'
"uh, downstairs"
'ew, not this whale 💀'
'LOL'
"i can see your comments and i'm reporting you, by the way, 'adeistheoneeee'"
'karma for her!'
'so dramatic'
'HAHAHA sucks to be her'
'imagine getting called out'
'oml shut up'
i laugh, looking through the comments
"alright, i think i'm gonna go, i'll talk to you guys later bye!"

god, people are so frustrating.

a/n:
kinda bad but i wanted to give at least something that's isn't just and intro
and i think the lacy relation will be about how everyone in school thinks she's perfect and hates it when little do they know that she is far from that if that makes sense?
idk
- j 💗