That same night, Charlotte had returned home and well wasn't very well to say the least. Almost as soon as she walked in the door she found herself hurled over the toilet, emptying the contents of her stomach. She couldn't process what she had actually done, that could of been someone's father, brother, son and his blood was on her hands, his life on her conscience. She felt absolutely sick to her stomach, plagued with guilt and she had every right to do so, this wasn't her she wasn't that person. Although her mother had always told her, "your actions are what define you" her actions, she killed him and she was a murderer.
The next day Tommy had gone to see her, he had protested to stay with her the night before claiming he didn't want her on her own, however she insisted she'd be fine, she wasn't of course but he let her be. Upon seeing her the next morning, he was surprised to see how unwell she looked. It wasn't that he thought she'd be taking it well, he knew she wouldn't although she looked a lot worse then he had first assumed. Her skin didn't hold that certain glow it always did, her eyes once shining could only be described as dull and her bubbly aura was flat, one look at her had shown tommy all he needed to know. It was a stark reminder for him, she wasn't him and she never would be. She was a kind hearted girl who would never dream of doing something like that, but she had and she had done it for him, once again a consequence of his actions.

One thing about Tommy is he knew Charlotte inside and out, he picked up on her certain mannerisms effortlessly and was able to see between her words and what she really felt, it's the perks of having someone closely in your life from when the pair of you were learning to read and write. It was becoming exceedingly useful since what had happened due to Charlotte being set on putting on a brave face, however it became alot harder when she was faced with Tommy, the one person who knew her most likely better then herself. All he could do is apologise and that he did, many times. Aswell as being there for her, spending all the time he could with her and quite honestly he was afraid of leaving her to her own devices for too long.
Shockingly, Charlotte wasn't annoyed or even upset with tommy in the slightest which only heightened his worry for the girl as it meant she was taking the complete brunt of what had happened, regardless the circumstances. She had made it very clear that she had pulled the trigger and she was to blame, not Tommy.

Sitting with John in the Shelby house, the brothers heads shot up at the slam of the door, revealing their aunt as she entered the kitchen.
"i'll have you know Thomas, that girl is not well" she shot at him, evidently unimpressed.
"what do you mean? i thought she was getting better?" john perplexed, evidently concerned.
"as did i, you can see it in her eyes tommy, you should know that" she diverted her attention back to thomas.
"i know" he nodded glancing back down at the table, in all honesty he wasn't quite sure on what to do with her. "and do you know what your going to do?" raising her eyebrows, as if to say you got her in his mess bloody get her out of it. He only ran his hand over his face in a distressed manner, quite quickly giving his aunt her answer.
"well you better get thinking Thomas, it's been three weeks now and it'll do her no good sitting in that house of hers" she voiced sternly, as she unpacked the food she had attempted to give charlotte who politely declined.
"she's not even eating" she shrugged, also not quite sure on what to do next.
"she's not that kind of girl thomas, you and i both know that this will affect her significantly" "i know pol, i'll go see her" he cut her off, watching as his brother stood. "no i'll go see her" he firmly nodded grabbing his coat as tommy also stood, a slight frown on his face. "Tommy let him see her, he's her bestmate maybe she'll speak to him" she shrugged once again, observing her nephew as he lightly nodded his head.

Knocking on the Windsor girls door, John was contaminated with dread as he heard her light footsteps descend towards it. He bit back a gasp at the girl who stood in-front of him, her dress was hanging off her petite frame and although her skin had the usual glow back her eyes were still, almost holding a haunted look within them.
"Lottie girl" he gently addressed her, as she moved out the way to let him in a small smile on her face that never reached her eyes. "Hiya john" she smiled, her voice still slightly raspy from all the crying she's endured recently. "Don't look so worried you, i'm fine" she chuckled, clearly trying to lighten the atmosphere, she failed nethertheless.
"your not Lottie, come here" opening up his arms for her, she didn't waste a second to engulf herself within them inhaling his comforting scent.
"i'm sorry" she croaked, a lump forming in her throat
"what you sorry for Lottie?" he frowned, although not faltering the gentle tone in his voice.
"you must think so little of me now" she confessed, very very close to breaking down into tears.
"of course i don't Lottie, it wasn't your fault" he reassured gently rubbing her back until it was game over and he heard a quiet sob. "i pulled the trigger"
"before he could do the same to tommy, and he's still here all thanks to our lottie girl" he muttered into her hair,placing a kiss on her head as she sobbed. "your hear me?" he attempted to reassure her once again, slightly tightening his grip on her.
The pair stayed there as she sobbed her little heart out, quite literally until she had no tears left to cry. John genuinely felt heartbroken for his bestfriend, there wasn't anyone more undeserving for a situation like this then her, it pained him to imagine what she must be feeling specifically because he can still remember the first man he killed and the repercussions that followed but the difference is he's not the sweet charlotte everyone knows and loves. He's not the sweet girl who has a bright future ahead of her and he's certainly not the sweet girl who's blindsided by tommy bloody shelby.

Descending down watery lane after reluctantly leaving Charlotte, John was seething with anger and his eyes held one target, Thomas Shelby. Entering the home he'd never been more pleased to lay eyes on his elder brother, heading straight for him. Looks of confusion came about Arthur and Polly's faces as they watched him, soon jumping to their feet as he grabbed thomas slamming him against the fire place. "What are you fucking doing?" tommy grabbed johns arms,refraining them from moving.
"she's just fucking broken down to me, you've finally done it ain't ya? you happy?" he bellowed, fury riddling his words. "done what?" arthur questioned, letting his brothers deal with whatever this was, keeping close by incase it kicked off. "broken her" he seethed, watching as everyone's faces became one of realisation.
"but i went to see her today,she's doing better?" Arthur juxtaposed, almost wanting to believe it himself. "yeah well it's all a front, she's the worst i've seen her and she still thinks he's done no fucking wrong" pushing tommy harder against the fireplace with his grip. "John" polly scowled firmly, aware that if tommy lost it he'd put john on his ass. Although tommy took it, after all he knew johns words were correct he was completely to blame, johns frustration only grew at tommy's loss for words and blank expression, however it was all in his eyes, concern and guilt. Roughly letting go of him john headed back towards the door before opening it, "your gonna be the fucking death of her" he voiced his anger one last time before slamming the door leaving the Shelby's in a knowing silence.

Tommy was selfish, he knew she was destined to find her place among the stars of Hollywood and not confined to small heath.So she could shoot for the heavens as much as her heart desired... but Tommy just wished she knew that, for him, she was already the whole night sky.