Fighting for love

Start from the beginning

One thing about whatever training Kojiro was doing, it left him hungry. Not only was he earing more, but his sexual appetite had increased. It had been early morning before he stopped. Not that Kaoru would ever complain. He snickered alone in the bath.

"Enjoying yourself?" Kojiro asked as he backed into the bathroom.

"Mmm, just reminiscing over last night." Kaoru offered.

Kojiro kept his back to the Kitsune as he set the tray he carried on the sink. He turned a worried brow towards the fox spirit.

"I didn't hurt, did I?" Kojiro asked.

He selected a tiny tart. Popping it in Kaoru's mouth, which the Kitsune opened willingly, Kojiro knelt beside the tub.

"No! It was great. Its always great with you." Kaoru trailed a dripping hand over Kojiro's crinkled brow. He smoothed the lines out.

Kojiro laughed picking up the towel to dry off his face.

"Good, I don't ever want to harm you." His voice came out muffled from the cloth.

Kaoru folded his arms over the tub to lean up. When Kojiro lowered the towel he was in his face. Kaoru kissed his nose.

"You are too caring. I love that about you." He smiled slipping back into the water.

"Now, bring me that tray so I can eat and you can go help Kari." He waved.

"Um, actually Kari has help today. Kojiro muttered.

Kaoru's eyes widened. "Dose she? Is that why you drew the map without reference points?" he asked.

"You noticed." Kojiro began to wash the Kitsune's body.

"I did." Kaoru muttered as he let the other's hands roam over him.

"Kojiro, you know you don't have to bathe me, right?" He asked.

Kojiro's hand stilled. "I, uh, thought you liked it." He muttered.

Kaoru slapped him lightly across the face.

"Of course I like it, stupid ape!" He chittered.

"I just said you didn't have to do it, not that I wanted you to stop!" He growled.

"Then why say anything at all!" Kojiro huffed as he went back to cleaning the Kitsune.

"Because, you spoil me. When I have to leave, I will remember this." Kaoru smiled with his eyes closed, head resting on the high part of the tub.

He didn't see the dark look of fear that crossed the cooks countenance. Kojiro's hands faltered a little, Kaoru peeked out under long lashes to see the scowl.

"You will never have to leave. You will always have a home here." Kojiro's voice was tight.

"If we don't defeat the demons..." He began.

Kojiro slammed his hand down on the side of the tub. It slipped over the smooth porcelain to splash inside the water dousing them both.

"Why do you think I'm training so hard?" he growled wiping himself off.

"I didn't even sleep last night. I drew up the map this morning after I ran into Reki after my workout. I went right to the restaurant so you would have a decent breakfast when you woke..."

Kaoru cupped his hands over the cheeks of the other man. They were warm. Kaoru frowned at that. He shook Kojiro's head, squishing his cheeks so he would stop talking.

"I didn't say you weren't doing all you could! Adam cheats!" Kaoru yelled.

Kojiro broke free to start up. "You think I don't know that! You think I'm just some mindless idiot?" He cried.

Kaoru rose in the tub, hands clenched into fists at his sides.

"I think you are being an imbecile!" he yelled.

"One moronic gorilla isn't going to defeat two demons who had centuries to prefect their art! You need all of us!" Kaoru yelled.

"I need to do what I can to free you." Kojiro yelled.

"Why?" Kaoru screamed back.

"Because I love you!" Kojiro yelled.

"They say if you love something, set it free. If it returns it was meant to be! I know you want to leave here! I'm doing everything I can think of to show you, you can come back!" Kaoru was stunned into silence.

Not by the words the chef yelled at him, but the tears, the look of utter hopelessness on his face.

"Oh, you really are a clueless, idiot ape." Kaoru whispered.

He pulled the face toward him. Kojiro's legs hit the side of the tub. Kaoru wasn't fast enough, or strong enough, to catch them both. They splashed down into the water. Bubbles spewed up hitting the ceiling, the walls, even the mirror across the room. Luckily Kojiro hadn't taken the lids off any dishes.

They heard running feet. Kojiro tried to untangle himself. Kaoru tried to help. It didn't work. They ended up even more entangled with the water spilling over the side of the tub. The door burst open. Kari stood there panting as she glared at the two. They looked up at her like two children caught in the act of something bad.

"What the hell are you doing? The entire building shook!" She yelled at them.

"Bathing?" Kaoru said. He picked up the loofah sponge to draw it, soap suds and all, through Kojiro's hair.

"Get out of my house, both of you! I don't want to see either of you until dinner!" She fumed slamming the door closed. It shook in its frame.

"She could have helped us!" Kojiro complained .

Kaoru laughed hysterically as Kojiro untangled them. He got up looking pretty good soaking wet in his chef's clothing. Kaoru watched as he peeled it off. It was sort of like watching an onion peel itself. But the result was much better. He swatted the toned hard buttocks.

"Get in here and finish me off." He commanded.

"I thought I did that this morning?" Kojiro smirked seductively.

"Not like that!" Kaoru yelled.

Kojiro laughed, but got back in the tub. He finished washing the Kitsune, while giving him bites of his breakfast. Once out, Kaoru sat by the vanity. He ate while Kojiro dried and brushed out his tails and hair. As Kaoru watched the thick fingers working out the knots so delicately, he thought back to what Kojiro yelled at him.

He loved him. Kojiro Nanjo, guardian Fu Dog, was in love with a Kitsune. What was Kaoru to do with that? Could he ever be free of Adam? Would he be allowed to love his way? He gazed at the handsome face in the mirror. His stomach flipped, his heart began to race. He had to win his freedom!