04 - The Old Songs

Start from the beginning

To his surprise, the door swung open and Bright stood frozen to his feet.

"Win? You're crying? Again?" Bright hurriedly walks to Win and wipes his tears at the fem of his long-sleeve. "Why do I keep seeing you cry?"

Win just laughed it out and gently held Bright's hand. "You don't have to do that. People might start thinking that there's something between us."

"We had." that stopped him from smiling and staring at Bright. "And if that's what they think, fuck them, they don't know us personally. Let them lose their minds from thinking about our personal lives."

Another realization and Bright was right again.

He was always right to begin with.

Win took a deep sigh and freed Bright's hand.

"What are you doing here anyway?"

"I was looking for the Dean. Do you happen to know where he is?"

"You're too early to look for him. He goes to school at 10am, it's like what— 7 in the morning."

"Oh, really? That sucks."

"Yeah, that's his daily time in. You can come back by that time."

"Okay then. I'll do that. Thanks, Win."

Win then stood up and turned the lights on while Bright watched him.

"Can I ask you a question, Bright?"

"Yeah, go."

"You're well aware that I'm a professor here, right?"

"I am."

"But you don't call me 'prof' ?"

His eyes frown. "I don't feel like calling you that way. Does it bother you? If it does, I can call you Prof Win."

"Why not use my last name?"

A beam of redness creeps in Bright's cheeks, averting the gaze from the older. "I don't know. It feels weird calling you by our last name."

"Our..."

"You know, because we have the same last name. I feel like I'm calling myself but at the same time, I keep thinking it's originally your last name." Win then sat in front of Bright, he called his attention by tapping the glass table in front of Bright.

He smiled at him and Bright's face was quickly flustered. Win was staring so much that he felt like he's doing something in his own mind.

But to the older, he was just mesmerized by Bright's beauty. It felt like it's been so long since he had a good look at him but he knew he just saw Bright yesterday.

"You can call me anything you like. It doesn't bother me. But I have one request."

Bright raises his brows, anticipating Win's words, he moves his face closer.

Cute. Too cute.
Damn.

He reaches Bright's hair and ruffles it. "You can do that only when it's just the two of us. The faculty might have misunderstood that, if it was just the students I don't mind, but if it's them, they might take it as a sign to play with your grades."

"They will?"

"They might. Especially those who think I'm overshadowing them just because most of the students approach me rather than them."

"Those bastards."

With his words, Win started laughing and a confused look from Bright.

"Why are you laughing? That's literally unfair."

"That's just how people are."

"Nope. That's not right. But don't worry about me. I can handle them. I've already been through a lot and those bastards, they won't bother me by an inch."

Another smile from Bright as if he already passed and soon enough Win started laughing again.

"You're still you. Confident and knows how to stand on his own."

That's why I fell in love with you in the first place.

His hand somehow glides down from the top of his head to Bright's cheek. Their eyes were solely focused on each other.

"You don't mind me touching you?" a question Win blurted out of the situation.

And Bright slightly shakes his head, agreeing to the older's gesture and question. "If it was someone, maybe but to you, unexpectedly, I don't."

A sweet smile was seen in Bright's face and my God, Win sure melts just by a simple smile he showed.

There you go again.
With that smile.
My weakness.

God, if this is my second life to be with him, I'll do anything to give him everything he deserves.

But he doesn't deserve me. Not in this lifetime.

Win slowly reverts his hand but Bright keeps him. He held it by his two hands and softly landed a kiss in between their fingers entwined.

Eyes widened by his sudden actions and sure enough, to Win it was a faint sign. Their eyes met for a second as Bright looked at him while his lips were pressed down on their hands.

There was a pause. A realization of his actions.

This quickly made him stand up, almost tripping himself at the table's leg.

And so, he stayed down, eyes closed, head down.

He felt Win's presence in front of him. O, how he wishes to disappear right there. Bright then felt two hands around his upper arms, slowly guiding him to stand properly.

Still his eyes were still closed.

Please let me leave.
This is so fucking embarrassing.

But he felt Win guiding him, slowly stepping backwards as he felt the cold wall behind the stacked boxes for the new computer desk.

His mind runs wild as the older holds him by his face and pressing his lips onto his. His eyes quickly widened and there he met Win's gazes for a second only to close them as he deepened their kiss, leading him to be idle.

Slowly Bright raises his arms and grasps Win by his chest. He didn't fight back, he let him crave.

Bright felt Win's tongue and somehow he needed to confront, giving in to his lead.

Soon after, Win noticed Bright's lack of air and parted their lips. Their forehead grazing to each other. But it only took a minute until Bright made the second move, grabbing Win by his neck and reconnecting their lips once again.

[01.29.2024]

Only You, Just You [eng]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara