Room for One More

Start from the beginning

"Ooh thats not good." Antonio uttered as the others and I laughed, "Hahaha..It's no big deal, really. This happened before. N-not a lot or anything.."

"Can you guys help him?" Jayden laughed, standing up and walking out. He gripped my hand and dragged me to the front yard.

We sat down on the bench in pure silence. 

"He hasn't changed a bit." Jayden said as he sensed Ji standing by the doorway.

"He's as energetic as ever. He clearly looks up to you." Ji answered.

"He always wanted to be a Samuai." Jayden said as I stayed quiet between the 2, "I remember like it was yesterday. I don't know what to do Ji."

"You are too close to this. Let me handle it." Ji said before walking back inside of the Shiba house. I can see Jayden slightly nod his head in the corner of my eye.

"He is self taught. Think about the disappointment in his eyes when he realizes you aren't gonna let him enter the team." I said after Ji walked away.

"It doesn't matter if you were trained to do so. You only fight if-" He tried explaining, but I interrupted him.

"'If you're willing to fight as a Samurai Power Ranger with all your heart'..Yeah yeah yeah I know the speech." I mocked, "But don't you think he would've given up already if he wasn't so committed to protect the world with a team?"

He had no response.

"Think about that." I said before getting up, and disappearing back into the house. 

Back inside of the Shiba house I walk into the Map room. I see the rest of the Rangers plus Ji sitting around the Map table.

"You were able to make this from what Jayden taught you and studying the Octo Zord's systems?" Ji asked Antonio for clarification.

I took a seat between Mike and Emily because that was the only space for me to sit at. 

"It really wasn't that hard." Antonio answered in a bragging tone.

"So what are you? Some kind of techie?" Mike asked moving his gaze at Antonio.

"I don't know. I just always been good with gadgets." Antonio moves his legs around a bit causing the peanuts next to him to nearly spill. Luckily, Mia caught them on time.

"Oh..well anyways." He continues trying to ignore his embarrassment, "I've always just wanted to be a Samurai. I know I wasn't born into it like you guys, but I just kept practicing like Jayden and Tawny had taught me. I was trying to take things to a higher level, but I was really stuck. But when I figured out how to talk to Octo Zord through texting..everything fell into place. And now I am finally ready to join the team to fight against the Nighlok."

"Yeah!" Mike raised a fist waving it around a bit as a cheer.

"Yeah! It'll be great to have you along!" Emily agreed.

"Right!" Antonio and Mike said at the same time while bumping their fists together.

"No." Ji said, "I'm afraid thats simply not possible."

"What?!" I stated in disbelief, angrily.

"No. What do you mean?" Antonio asked in pure shock.

"Antonio, it's just too dangerous to put you out there without the necessary formal training." Ji said.

"Ji thats not-" I tried backing Antonio up.

"But I don't understand? Didn't I help you all win yesterday?!" Antonio stood up angrily.