The Succubi's Lost Love (Shorts)

Location: Southeast Asia
Timeline: Our great-great-great Grandfather's / Grandmother's timeline, where people used to live up on the trees (nah joking, we already have houses back then) or maybe living in the forests and befriending with demons, old magic and ancient folklores.
Written by: Mumu Alpaka (yes, the Cosplay Photographer) on 28/1/2024
Other notes: Story plot have been thought up before based on a somewhat lucid Dream.

It wasn't that long, that a lady that got drifted in the night seas in search for food upon returning from the raging night seas found herself dead. Drifted into a cavern (like a cave nearby the ocean), and her body starts to rot there. Little that she knows, there was an evil entity living in that cave, but it was without any sentience. It was just evil powers.. and wants to live in something, and it brought her back to life.

It was still night, she could see in the dark... her hands were all blood soaked with her own blood, she remembered how her small sampan got crashed by the waves. She noticed her nails are far too long than usual, and she tried looking at her own reflection on the waters. She got scared by her own reflection, it was some kind of demon she saw.. wait, that demon is herself. Then she has this feeling of wanting to become her normal self again, when she looked back at her reflection she changed back to her normal self.. her nails now are not sharp anymore. Could it be, that she can shapeshift back to be human again?

She tried to speak, but couldn't.. She lost her voice, some strange language comes out from her mouth, it was actually demon language lol.

She tried going out and was visited by the rising moonlight, and saw her crashed sampan, and whatever left from her sea catch that night. She gathers them in a net and with all of her torn down dress, she went back to the nearby village, which takes her almost an hour to walk from. However, it seems it only takes her 20 minutes. She realized she has super walking speeds.

Good thing, she likes listening to the old aunty and uncles ghost stories, she knows how to hide herself from harm and extending her lifespan. Apparently, she was the type of ghost whom is still very much human, but able to transform into a demonkin whenever she wanted.

Her husband was worried sick, and she saw her outside of her home.. and welcome her home, he was worried sick that he may have lost her.. her husband was sick and was unable to go fishing and stayed back to take care of her almost dying son. They were poor people, and life like this is not so unusual, help comes but due to their knowledge of medicine was not that advance, life and death was always hanging on a thread.

They quickly cook the food and fed the starving child, but it was too late. She was a few days late, and not that long the next morning her child died.. Usually mothers would feel devastated, but for some reason death doesn't mean a thing to her. Her husband noticed this change in his wife... and got scared of this person that is not his wife anymore, actually he already planned to leave his family for a long time already. The lady did not dare to go outside in the sunlight, she let out her finger in the sunlight and it burns a little, she can bare the pain.. but more than a few hours in the sunlight might kill her. She now knows her weakness.

After their son funeral, the lady she was lucky that it was a cloudy day.. and she can walk outside. Then later found out yet another devastating news, her husband is leaving her. Again, she felt nothing.. she said nothing, and not even a human emotions was in her. Her husband then shortly left her behind.. he plans to return back to his hometown, somewhere far to start a new life there.. and again, this was very common back then, breakups and family going away.

Now all alone.. her demon side started to grow on her, she started to eat the raw and rotten fish that she caught the other day. But wanted more...

She went out during the nights, and decided to move out as well from the village that she was living in and went back to the cave where she resurrected. Along the way to the cave, an offset pathway is used by villagers to send goods from one village to another, she somehow know of this because humans let off a tasty scent.. It seems she was unable to control herself during the moon phases, especially during a full moon, and more dangerously on crescent moons.