A8 C228: Does the Lord Allow Me to Be Presumptuous?

Start from the beginning

But how was that possible?

Not to mention that this body had no immortal roots. Even if it could be cultivated by some twist of fate, it should start from the first realm, then progress through three realms, followed by Enlightenment, Core Formation, Nascent Soul, Soul Fusion, Dao Integration, and finally Ascension, totaling seven realms and twenty-one stages.

Baili Duyue was a powerhouse at the Soul Fusion Third Stage, only a step away from the Ascension realm. Therefore, every time he made a move, the spiritual energy at his fingertips would emanate a faint blue light.

Sang Feiwan's fingertips had just shown a trace of light blue, and according to the pattern of colors—red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet—he would be at least at the Nascent Soul First Stage. But how was that possible?

Sang Feiwan finally noticed something unusual. Although the original owner of this body was an ordinary person incapable of cultivating, every time Sang Feiwan came into contact with anything related to spiritual energy, it felt as if something imprisoned inside him was stirring restlessly.

Just like the last time he expelled the protagonist, Duan Yang, from the mansion. When he went to the pharmacy and took a few healing spirit pills, something changed within him. It was just that the reaction had become more intense after messing around with Baili Duyue for too long in the spiritual pool.

Sang Feiwan suddenly couldn't fall asleep. He felt as if he had caught a whiff of a conspiracy.

Emotion told him never to try to find logic in the poorly written smut he authored because he only do brainless smut contents.

But reason told him that getting windfalls falling from the sky only happened to protagonists, and there must be no good reason behind this large advantage he picked up for free.

Sang Feiwan moved his fingertips slightly, attempting to gather spiritual energy again, but this time there was no response. Even the heat inside his body began to gradually subside, returning to calm.

Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.

Sang Feiwan pondered, unable to figure out a result. In the end, he lay back down on the bed. He decided to inquire about the original owner's background secretly tomorrow; maybe he would make some discoveries.

The next morning, Sang Feiwan found a few taels of silver in the original owner's belongings and went straight to the courtyard where the servants lived. At that moment, the housekeeper was lounging in a rocking chair, holding a small teapot and sipping tea lazily. Seeing Sang Feiwan approaching, he was startled and almost choked on a sip of tea. Coughing repeatedly, he managed to say, "Cough, cough, cough, cough... Cough, cough…”

This is what happens if you are caught slacking off at work just like this.

Seeing the situation, Sang Feiwan smiled, took a step forward, and considerately reassured the steward, "It's all my fault, sorry to have startled you."

The steward, well-informed, had heard that Sang Feiwan had spent most of the night in the lord's mansion, clearly earning favor. Afraid that Sang Feiwan might spread rumors, he quickly stood up from his rocking chair, coughing as he explained, "I worked late last night and just rested. What brings you here?"

Sang Feiwan took out a money pouch from his sleeve, presenting a pre-prepared excuse, "I've been away from home for a while, feeling concerned. I've saved up some money recently and wanted to send it back. However, being new to the city, I thought of seeking the steward's help."

The steward, relieved, thought it was nothing serious, "Your poor father, always selling you for money. If you have money, save it for yourself; no need to favor him."